Blu-ray And Hd Dvd - Page 2 of 2

Yeah when the price drops I will get one and - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th Feb, 2008 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
1st May, 2006 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Blu-ray And Hd Dvd - Page 2

QUOTE (Article)
Toshiba introduced its $499 HD-A1 player last week. Samsung plans to roll out the first Blu-ray machine, list price $1,100, in June.

Link to article
This article is in reference to the stand alone players themselves yet you can expect the price to be somewhere in comparison to this as blu-ray technologies is about twice as high as HD DVD. Konquerez may can share exactly how much he payed for his recent purchase.

Yes to answer your question both of these technologies require their own unique burners. The difference being that the traditional DVD burner today uses a red laser to read and write while both of these new technologies use a blue laser. The blue laser is much more precise allowing for this huge growth in capabilities.

Sponsored Links:
1st May, 2006 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Dvd Hd Blu-ray

I have to agree with the sentiment expressed in that article that I am staying put until a winner emerges from the DVD war. While Blu Ray is appealing, it looks like there are 2 formats for it currently. Reminds me of the laser disc technology that was supposed to antiquate current media but died a horrible death. I am not about to spend $1100 on something when I don't even have the assurance that it's output will be supported a couple of months down the road.

9th May, 2006 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Blu-ray And Hd Dvd Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Blu-ray a player in PlayStation pricing

The battle between Sony and Microsoft in the game console market won't hinge on price, analysts say. Instead, it will likely come back to Blu-ray.

More important, the Sony console comes with a high-definition Blu-ray DVD drive for playing movies. Stand-alone Blu-ray players are likely to cost close to $1,000 when they arrive later this year.

https://news.com.com/Blu-ray+a+player+in+Pl..._3-6070342.html

This could really boost Blu-ray's aspirations of becoming a standard, or it could hurt Sony's drive in selling the PS-3. The other question is whether DVD movies will be sold in the Blu-Ray format, because if it isn't, then one has to buy a burner to create their own discs. The saga continues.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2008 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Dvd Hd Blu-ray

Toshiba drops out of HD DVD war

Toshiba will stop making its HD DVDs, ending a battle with rival format Blu-ray over which would be the standard.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7252172.stm

19th Feb, 2008 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Dvd Hd Blu-ray

So once again the best marketing strategies win the race. Funny how it is not the best technology that wins. Same as the mac vs IBM way back and the beta vs VHS, I still think the X-box is way better then the Playstation 3 and hope it will stick around regardless of this battle.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2008 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Blu-ray And Hd Dvd
A Friend

Blu-ray And Hd Dvd

With everything I have read I think the blu-ray is the way to go. I will still wait for the price to drop before purchasing one.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2008 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Blu-ray Hd Dvd - Page 2

It is now as it is the only one left. They will drop quick I am sure, though I will not buy one as my system is too old for it and would be no benefit at all.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2008 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Blu-ray And Hd Dvd
A Friend

Blu-ray Hd Dvd Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Yeah when the price drops I will get one and add it to my home theatre system that is hooked to my HD tv. I am slowly getting into the digital age. Just bought a phone I can text on. smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Blu-ray And Hd Dvd

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,