Famous People With Adhd, Not Everything Is Lost

Famous People Adhd Lost - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 26th Apr, 2006 - 3:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Apr, 2006 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Sometimes when your child is diagnosed with ADHD, you feel your whole world is going down then you read successful life experiences about people who have been diagnosed with ADHD and you feel like there is still hope. All of them seem to make an emphasis that there was a moment in time where they were very close to become criminals at a very young age because of their behavioral problems and then suddenly made a turn and changed.

Doctors and scientists came to the conclusion that Thomas Edison and Benjamin Franklin had ADHD, as did Henry Ford, Walt Disney and both of the Wright Brothers. You don't have to go as far back as Edison and Ford to find examples of successful AD/HD entrepreneurs. David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue, has publicly acknowledged his AD/HD. Neeleman has chosen not to take medication for AD/HD and has instead learned how to use his "unique brain wiring" to his advantage, now that he better understands it. It seems like most people with ADHD who have successed in life became entrepreneurs.

Thomas Apple, the inventor/designer of the NASDAQ video billboard in New York's Times Square and a successful businessman, told ADDitude magazine how his undiagnosed AD/HD had affected his life: "I was 40 years old when I realized I really was a smart person," he says. Like many entrepreneurs and others who don't color in the lines, Apple had trouble as a child. "I was well on the way to delinquent behavior by third-grade," Apple recalls. "I thought, 'if I'm going to be treated this way, I might as well act this way." After his son and daughter were diagnosed with AD/HD, Apple took a hard look at his pattern of career difficulties and two failed marriages and realized that he probably had it too. A doctor confirmed the diagnosis. Apple now takes medication to treat his AD/HD, but he realizes that there's more to it than taking medication. ADD isn't a 'take two pills and call me in the morning' type of diagnosis," he says. "It is something that you have to do 24/7."

https://add.about.com/cs/workplaceissues/a/entrepreneur.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2006 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lost Is Not Adhd People Famous

Its really not surprising to find so many famous people had AD/HD. People who aspire to greatness naturally find ways to overcome things that would hold them back.

Terry Bradshaw, the great quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers has also been diagnosed with ADD. He was able to channel that energy into his football career, and it wasn't even a known problem back then. I was really surprised to find so many people with this problem.

https://www.adhdrelief.com/famous.html

> TOPIC: Famous People With Adhd, Not Everything Is Lost

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,