Special Abilities

Special Abilities - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Apr, 2006 - 10:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not Disabilities
16th Sep, 2005 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Special Abilities

Have you ever noticed how someone with special abilities (some call these 'disabilities', but they are not) tends to have more love than us so called, 'normal folk'? Look at someone with special abilities and you will find they are ready to smile with you, be your friend, give you a hug and so on. They will not judge you, nor think about if you are wearing the latest brands or have a big car. I look at my own self and hope to reach that level of special ability.

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2005 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Abilities Special

That's so true JB. I did notice that many times. I do not refer to them as having disabilities but "different abilities". I think we can learn so much from them, specially the wonderful ability to love and be contended with what God has given us.

22nd Sep, 2005 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Special Abilities Health & Special Psychology

I think it is because they do not learn the subtleties of socialization. They don't learn that there is more going on than just what is on the surface. They are really "simple" in the sense that they don't see relationships as complex. If they care for you, why not show it? They don't understand about what is considered "acceptable" in society.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2005 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Special Abilities
A Friend

Abilities Special

I remember in high school we would volunteer and help out with the Special Olympics. I looked forward to it every year because it was such an exciting time. The children were absolutely wonderful! They would get so excited simply because they finished the race and knew you were cheering for them. I remember walking around with a group of kids and everytime one of them competed, they would run up to me and give me the biggest hug in the world.

There is so much we can learn from people who have been given special circumstances in life. They aren't judgemental. They learn to get to know you, and that's all there is to it. We tend to look at the outward appearance of a person, and all they see is the inside.

I agree with JB, I hope I can reach that place fully and completely one day.

25th Apr, 2006 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Abilities Special

I help look after a 12 year old with special abilities, at church after the service, all the kids get time to play games etc, he is so loving, and unlike others, if he wants to give you a hug, he will just hug you, this was the same for Sunday, when he decided he was going to tickle everybody, nobody takes offence, because they know that there is no malice in any of his actions, but he is certainly one of the happiest children that I have ever met, he always has a smile for everybody!

> TOPIC: Special Abilities

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,