Marriage And Woman's Spiritual Progression. - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Valla)When my daughter was younger, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Jun, 2006 - 12:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
8th Jun, 2006 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Marriage And Woman's Spiritual Progression. - Page 2

I believe the Church is not about preaching exceptions or alternatives, so it will continually emphasize that each Sister should seek after a Celestial Marriage.
I suppose there is good reason for this. The path should be clear and unmistakable for the youth to be motivated to seek temple marriage. However, I feel gospel teachers should be careful that they consider the circumstances of those they teach about temple marriage. Some children take very literally everything they are told in their church meetings. When my daughter was younger, she was completely convinced she would never have a 'forever family', unless her dad was baptized and took me to the temple. This caused her a lot of heartache. Not until a seminary teacher talked to her about it did she finally believe there was hope, even if her dad didn't accept the Gospel in mortality. That's why I would hope that those who are considering marrying a non-member would remember that the consequences of that choice will affect not only them, but their children also.
Also, repentance can go a long ways to overcoming poor choices.
That's very true. The way I feel is that I've been forgiven, but that doesn't magically make the consequences for my actions disappear. I appreciate all the insight I've received from this topic. It's been helpful for me in better understanding it.
Offtopic but,
Please don't get me wrong. My husband is wonderful and I'm very glad I married him. He is a very moral, good man, even without the gospel. I believe someday we will be on the same path.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2006 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Progression Spiritual Womans Marriage

QUOTE (Valla)
When my daughter was younger, she was completely convinced she would never have a 'forever family', unless her dad was baptized and took me to the temple.

I understand and agree, however keep in mind that because the Church is a lay ministry you will find that not everyone will be diligent enough in 'covering all areas'. You may get a great seminary teacher this year and then one that is not so good the next. I believe the best place to learn the most about this aspect of Celestial Marriage and Families is right within the walls of our home. You teach your daughter, rather than hope others do it correctly. Personal reading of the scriptures and a study of the book called, 'Achieving a Celestial Marriage' will give you more insight. (That is an institute manual, it is cheap and easily available).

Offtopic but,
I can tell you that LDS_forever and I often Discuss the doctrine amongst ourselves and here. Our understanding has improved five fold as compared to what we get at Church waiting for everyone to get pass discovering the Book of Mormon is true. Maybe Family Home Evening sessions will help with your husband presiding. This will help him too.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Marriage And Woman's Spiritual Progression.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,