How Many Bibles Do You Own?

How Bibles Own - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 26th Mar, 2006 - 9:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2006 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

How many Bibles do you own: one, two, or three or even more? Why do you have so many and where do you keep them?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jan, 2006 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Own You Bibles How

Currently I own 2 bibles. One is kept on my night stand next to my bed and the other in my office on my desk. I did have a third bible, small pocket version, that I kept in my car but I gave it away mid last year to a young lady that I had the privilege of witnessing to. I have plans to purchase two more in the near future. One to put back into my car so that I always that it when I travel and the other to be a tabletop bible to use for a center piece for one of my tables in the living area.

19th Jan, 2006 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

How Many Bibles Do You Own? Revealed Bible The

In my household, there are currently five. One is mine, one is my daughter's; I also have one study version of the NIV; one older book that was damaged and is missing some pages, but I keep promising myself I will transfer my notations into my new one; and one was my sister's large print edition that my mother kept here for her. I would love to have a "centerpiece" bible, as you said, bwren. I've seen some nice ones in other people's homes that are really beautiful, and it would be cool to use for family study times with the pictures and large print.

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2006 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Own You Bibles How

I own six. I have the first Bible that I ever owned. I don't really use it, but it's nice to have for the sake of having. I have my NASB that I adore, and I use that when I teach the kids and youth at church because it's incredibly close the KJV. I have my KJV that my grandma gave me. I use that when I am in the service at church. My NASB tends to be the Bible I do my private study with, and my KJV stays in my car so I have one in my car. I have an old NIV I used to use, but I don't really use it much anymore unless I'm just trying to get different wording about one particular verse. I also have an old Contemporary English Version (CEV) that a friend of mine from long ago gave me. I have another NIV that is a teen study Bible I bought when I was a teen. Then I have a NKJV that belonged to my dad that my grandpa gave to me.

With the exception of my NASB and KJV, they reside on my book shelf. My NASB is usually on my nightstand or my dresser when I'm not taking it to teach out of. Then my KJV stays in my car and goes into services with me.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2006 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Own You Bibles How

I will accept the comments in response to my post. It is indeed curious that I own so many Bibles, but I must have them for my own study. I currently own nine Bibles. One for each main translation, a parallel to cross examine side by side, a french Bible (not sure how I got that), and a direct hebrew translation which is of course only the old testament, but shows a direct translation from Hebrew to English.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2006 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Konquererz, that's a lot of bibles! Out of curiosity, which one do you use the most?

I myself have four bibles. One is a Precious Moments bible that I've had since I was six. One is a KJV that I use for church service. I have one NIV for personal study, and I have one that I have hilighted so much of that it looks like a coloring book! kid.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Mar, 2006 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

How Bibles You Own

When I started the research for my book I didn't care for a "new age" Bible I had been given, so I borrowed my wife's Catholic "Douay" edition. Somewhere along the way I was asked, "What Bible are you using?" So I did some research on the text of different Bibles and found it really makes no difference which of my 4 Bibles I use. They all say the same thing.

Confraternity-Douay Edition
"Maceda, too, Josue captured and put to the sword at that time. He fulfilled the
doom on the city, on its king, and on every person in it, leaving no survivors. Thus he did to the king of Maceda what he had done to the king of Jericho." (Josue 10:28)

From a Family Bible 116 Years Old
"And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof. He utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; He let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he had done to the king of Jericho." (Joshua 10:28)

American Standard Bible
" Now Joshua captured Makkedah on that day, and struck it and its king with the edge of the sword; He utterly destroyed it and every person who was in it. He left no survivor. Thus he did to the king of Mekkedah just as he had done to the king of Jericho." (Joshua 10:28)

Mousetrails

26th Mar, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

How Bibles You Own The Bible Revealed

I got my first bible when I was baptized at the age of 8. My parents bought me a new one when I was 14, and that is the one I currently use. The old one is starting to fall apart! And it has stickers on the inside covers. My husband also has two, so together in the house we have 4. I can't begin to guess how many we had when I still lived with my parents though! My Dad owns many sets of scriptures, not to mention there are 7 people in my family and each one has their own Bible. Right now I am taking a New Testament class, so that half of my Bible is quite marked up. It will be sad when the day comes that I may need a new one!

I, too, would love to have a "center piece Bible."

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: How Many Bibles Do You Own?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,