Chiasmus-pattern That Reveals 2nd Coming

Chiasmus-pattern Reveals 2nd Coming - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Jul, 2012 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Nov, 2009 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

Chiasmus-pattern That Reveals 2nd Coming

The pattern of Chiasmus used in the scriptures is generally, "The last shall be first, and the first shall be last." The Gospel is beautifully simple and simply beautiful. The earth was created in a terrestrial level, garden of eden, fell to a telestial state and will return to a terrestrial millenium.
After Jesus Christ restored his church through Joseph Smith, Joseph was the chief instructor for 14 years. Followed by Brigham Young, John Taylor and Wilford Woodruff. By 1890 the printing presses were printing out a variety of books containing everyone's teachings. Generic lesson books were used until 1999. In the year 2000 we went back to a single lesson book for both R.S. And Priesthood, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Joseph F Smith and then in no particular order to the first 2-year book we now are using, Joseph Smith. We haven't studied all the teachings of the latter day prophets either. The next lesson book is entitled, "The Teachings of Jesus Christ and the Apostles."
It is a 3-year book taking us to the pivotal year "2012" The last shall be first and the first shall be last.
So I believe the Lord puts these patterns into our lives so we can see where we've been and where we may be headed.
Also 2012, according to the Chinese it is the year of the 'Dragon.' Revelations says something about a dragon?

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2010 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Coming nd Reveals Chiasmus-pattern

You believe in the return of Jesus Christ or the Second Coming in the year 2012? I think we have a number of people having some personal revelations about the year 2010-2012 but I don't know, honestly feel 2012 is more of a media hype than an actual time to look for.

9th Jan, 2010 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Chiasmus-pattern That Reveals 2nd Coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

I'm pretty sure 2012 is NOT the 2nd coming. There are to many things that have to happen still. Including a three and a half year war between the armys of Gog & Magog vs. Jerusalem, that hasn't even started yet. If anything 12-21-2012 could be the official "beginning of sorrows". I do get a since that things are coming to a head fast though.

12th Jun, 2010 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

The Last Days chant has been going on for some time now since the days of Christ when people thought the brutality of the Romans was a sign of the end of the world. Now a days it is a good marketing tactic to sell the end of the world. People's fears causes them to react in ways that makes good business. Truth is we just don't know. I think even the higher ups don't know. We all look to the media for some clue, some sign....

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2012 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Name: Stacy

Comments: 2012, 2014, 2020... Its easy to say a date in the future and then doom yourself when that date comes and goes with no event. Best thing to do is live each day like its your last because just like you don't know when you will die you don't know when the end will be.

> TOPIC: Chiasmus-pattern That Reveals 2nd Coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,