Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 25 of 95

ALL, The sheriff looks a bit put off by Salius's - Page 25 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Nov, 2013 - 5:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 95 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
4th Nov, 2013 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 25

ALL,

None in the group is stopped going into the garrison, in fact the guard standing watch parts for their new hero's with respectful nods and a few salutes.

The sheriff is not found sitting at his desk when the party comes upon the empty office. Before the group has time to take it upon themselves to go in search of the sheriff he walks up behind them.
In his usual grim mood the sheriff greets the group with a hand shake and gets straight to business. "Gentlemen, I would not usually include citizens in the affairs of the Sandpoints guard. I have come to believe through the compliments and comments given to me by our own towns folk, that they consider you in the highest regard. In light of the events and lack of guards for the towns protection I see no other choice." Sheriff Hemlock moves to sit behind his desk.

"Did any of you find any clues to who may be behind this last night during your battle with the goblins?" The group answers the sheriff with shakes of their heads and Salius states, "Unfortunately no, I had even cast a spell to look for any signs of magic that may have influenced the goblins to perform such an invasion uncharacteristic of their nature and have found nothing."

The sheriff shakes his head solemnly. "I had feared that may be the case. As I told you all in the graveyard the only other information I have received from the foul creatures is that the invasion was a diversion for their leaders secret mission to the graveyard. We have now come to find what that secret mission was. Although I do not understand the reasoning behind why someone would desecrate the resting place of..." The sheriff takes to whispering, "Ezakien Tobyn. The man did not have any enemies nor can I think of any enemies this town may have."

Shaking his head again with a confused look upon his face the sheriff looks to the men before him. "I would like to add you all to the town guard if you would be interested? I think that it would help to comfort the people of Sandpoint after such a horrible tragedy. I would only like you all to serve a shortened shift to put you all in the eyes of the town folk to reassure them of your presence. I would ask that any additional information you may find about the goblin invasion you report directly to me." The sheriff looks sternly at each man then continues. "What say you all?"

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 4th Nov, 2013 - 8:09pm

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2013 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Gorion,

"I would be honored to serve in the town guard, but the search for the cause of this attack may take me away from town for an extended period. My number one priority is finding out who did this and why. So, I would be serving as more of a detective than a guard, and, of course, any information I find would be brought directly to you."

Salius,

"I too would accept a position in the guard, under the same conditions as Gorion described. I haven't been in town long, but I have made many friends and have grown quite fond of Sandpoint. Protecting this town and its citizens is also my top priority."

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2013 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I am honored at the request to be a member of the towns guard but I must decline. I feel that my talents can be of better use not being on a guard detail. I will continue to search for clues and listen to the talk of the town and if I find anything else out I will come to you and keep you informed."

5th Nov, 2013 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 25 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

ALL,

The sheriff nods his head in acceptance. "I would have thought a shortened watch meant only to show the folk of this town that their hero's are watching out for them wouldn't be so much, with pay might I add." Sheriff Hemlock looks around questioningly at the group holding his gaze on Resfrix to see if the idea of pay might bring him around. "It also gives you authority for your investigations where you wouldn't have any as a citizen. It would become public knowledge you are under the employ of the guard and more specifically to investigate the invasion unrestricted. Would that be enough to change your mind Sir? I only want to mollify the people of Sandpoint."

"At any rate..." Sheriff hemlock tosses a coin pouch to each of the men who accept his offer "Here is yours first weeks pay. If it came to leaving the town in search of clues you would be free to do so, I would just need to know of your absence. Do you have any idea where outside of town you would begin to search for answers?" The Sheriff passes each man a document with the sheriffs wax seal upon it, to all who accept. The party observes the sheriff in his gruff demeanor, apart from his sullen attitude you can tell he truly cares for the people of Sandpoint.

Out of Character:: The coin bags hold 20 gold pieces each.

KNtoran, In your absence over the week end I moved the game along, please be sure that if you haven't already, that you go back and read over what has taken place.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 5th Nov, 2013 - 11:41pm

5th Nov, 2013 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Gorion an Salius,

Gorion and Salius each take a pouch of gold and begin to look over the document.

Gorion,

"I don't know where all this investigation will take us, but I would like to find out where these goblins came from and start there. I am assuming they have a camp nearby that could, at least, be watched for any suspicious activity. Have any of the captured revealed or spoke of a camp?"

Salius,

As Salius looks over the document he says, "I am assuming this is a standard guard contract, but I would like to read it first if you don't mind.
Digging up graves sounds a lot like necromancy, so I would like to start by questioning all of the magic users and magic suppliers in town."

Out of Character:: Gorion and Salius will look over the document and if it is a standard guard contract with no catches, then they will sign. If there is something strange about it then they will question the Sheriff about it.

Does Salius know of any magic or rituals that would utilize a four year old corpse?
K(Arcana): 13+8=21

6th Nov, 2013 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

Out of Character::

KNtoran,

I'm waiting for your response to the sheriff's offer, he asked if you would change your mind under the newly stated conditions? Please be sure to include that in your next post. I am going to move the game forward but still need that information for the future.

IN CHARACTER:

ALL,

Sheriff Hemlock sighs and shakes his head. "The only contents of the document states that the carrier of the document is under the employ of myself and has authorization to investigate any occurrences that may be linked to the goblin invasion. There is no need for a signature, the document is meant to provide proof of authorization for the holders investigation, being you... Gentlemen."

Sheriff Hemlock looks to the men with dark rings around his eyes showing how tired the man truly is. "I have not had word yet of a camp, I have some men already out searching. I ask that you gentlemen stay within the town in case of another attack. I do not want to leave the town defenseless. What information I can glean from the disgusting little beats is that their leader had gathered them from their home tribes far from here and that they made only temporary camps on the way. I have already sent out as many men as I thought we could make due with in search of any sign of the goblins."

Turning to Salius the sheriff adds in haste. "Please don't go questioning the mage's and mage ware shops. We don't want anyone to know about the desecration of the Fathers remains. You where only informed with my belief that you would keep such things secret. We don't need to be scaring the town folk any more then they already are. If you where to question anyone on the topic of necromancy, word would spread through the town like wildfire and with it their gossip would turn to the worst of theories and fears. I would ask that you try to find your answers where that subject is concerned in quiet study."

The sheriff sighs again with a grim look upon his face almost looking as if he is questioning his own decision to employ the hero's as he had originally thought to be a good idea. The sheriff looks up to the ceiling as if staring off into the heavens. "May the gods help us if they try to invade again." Looking back down to the men the sheriff continues. "You should all get some rest, I will send word when the scouts return."

Out of Character:: There are a great many rituals that a corpse could be used for, all of them powerful dark magic. Salius however would not be privy to such knowledge whether it applies or not. Necromancy would be the first thought in any mage's mind due to it involving the remains of the dead. Whether it applies to this situation or not there is no way for the sorcerer to know for sure with just a knowledge arcana check.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 6th Nov, 2013 - 9:08pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Nov, 2013 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 25

Salius,

"I had no intention of mentioning necromancy in my questioning, Sheriff. Just the standard stuff like, 'seen any strange mages in town? Heard any odd magic related conversations? Sold anything to a stranger in large quantities? Etc.' I will do all of my necromancy studies in private."

Gorion,

"Very well, Sheriff. We will stay in town until your scouts return, but we are going to do more than just stand around making people feel safe. Someone had to see something last night that could help us, and I intend to ask around until we find that someone."

Salius and Gorion,

With that the men leave the Sheriff to his nap and congregate outside of the garrison to discuss what should be done next.

Gorion,

"I suggest we split up so we can question more people while the attack is still fresh in their minds. I will go to The White Deer and start questioning people there. We can meet at The Rusty Dragon at sundown if everyone agrees to that."

If everyone agrees, then Gorion will head to The White Deer to begin questioning.

Salius,

"That sounds good to me. I'm going to start at the Feathered Serpent and work my way back to the center of town, probably question the alchemist and herbalist last. We will meet at The Rusty Dragon at sundown and discuss what we learned."

Salius makes his way to the South East end of town to The Feathered Serpent.

8th Nov, 2013 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 25

ALL,

The sheriff looks a bit put off by Salius's comment of doing more then just standing around making the people feel safe. "You mistake me Sir, I thought that I have been more then accommodating in helping you with your investigations. In turn it would be a great help to the people of Sandpoint. I only ask that you are careful with your questioning as I don't need a town running ramped with fear." The sheriffs expression becoming sour on his face. "I don't take kindly to anyone mocking me." After chastising Salius for his comment the sheriff looks weary from his efforts. "Good luck to you, gentlemen." With a gruff look upon his face the sheriff nods his head and begins to shuffle the papers scattered on his desk into order as the men depart.

Salius,

Making his way to the Fearhered Serpent Salius is greeted in much the same fashion as when he was going to meet with the Sheriff. Many folk wave, nod their respect, smile and say Hello, or point and talk in excited tones, very much unlike how he was greeted before the previous nights events. Not that any in town where rude, they just didn't pay him any mind.

Salius walks into the Feathered Serpent and is overwhelmed with the curious smells, a mixture of spice, incense, and dust. The exotic looking merchant with long red hair, blue eyes, and a bronze looking skin tone, Vorvashali Voon has a very social and excited demeanor as he approaches Salius. "Good day to you, What are you in the market for?"

Gorion & Resfrix,

Many of the people in town smile and nod their greetings to the new hero's in town as they travels to the White Deer. Coming to the entrance they notice two life sized deer carved with great craftsmanship from white birch that look to be guarding the entrance to the Inn. The three story building is one of the newer buildings in town. Inside the spacious first floor is made of stone, a fire blazing in the hearth warms the common room. Behind the bar is a quiet man drying mugs and cleaning the counter top. Gorion and Resfrix come to notice the hushed tones as the patrons notice their arrival, many are staring in wide eyed wonder.

Out of Character:: I don't want to get too far ahead of Kntoran but I still want to keep the game moving so I made Resfrix go with Gorion. I will still need to know if Resfrix changed his mind about the Sheriff's offer of employment. You are all basically given authority to do as you please and gain pay while investigating the invasion. To clarify the Sheriff wants only that you don't go out of town for the sake that it is only the day after the attack still in game, and is worried about another attack. (If you all left town at this point goblins could attack and decimate the town in your absence. It could take a few days for goblins to reassemble for another attack. Not saying that they would only that they could.) I hope that this will make Kntoran's decision a little easier to make in the event he didn't understand the sheriffs request.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 8th Nov, 2013 - 5:19pm

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.