Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 37 of 95

He replies to Belor, "Magnimar? I was - Page 37 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Dec, 2013 - 8:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 95 pgs.  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
6th Dec, 2013 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 37

With introductions made, everyone settles into their seats. The sheriff continues. "Where was I? Oh yes. Shalelu comes every few months with news of the goblins in the surrounding area. She has been a reliable source of information for years. Her visit with us this time was quite unexpected. There has been an apparent rise in goblin raids along the coastal road particularly in the dale between Nettlewood and and Mosswood. Only a day ago a farm south of Mosswood was burnt to the ground. Shalelu was thankfully near by and while the farm couldn't be saved she did manage to rescue the family and drive off the goblins. Shalelu why don't you tell them what you have told me." Looking towards Shalelu the sheriff takes a seat.

Shalelu stands up, and gets right to business.
"Belor's told me of your work against the goblins-well done.
I"ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping
Them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but
They"re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.
Anyway, there's five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally,
They"re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles
And the like. Yet from what I"ve been able to piece together, members of
All five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair amount of the
Mosswood tribe goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up,
And there was a lot of chatter about the "longshanks" who killed so many
Of them. Now that I"ve met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions
Who they were talking about. Seems like you"ve made an impression.
In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs
Me. Goblin tribes don't get along unless they"ve got something big
Planned, and big plans require big bosses. I"m afraid that someone's moved
In on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids,
What they"re organizing seems like bad news for all of us."

The sheriff intercedes by standing up himself and looking to the group solemnly. "I am taking a few men South with me to Magnimar to see about securing additional soldiers to station at Sandpoint for a few weeks, at least until the extent of the goblin threat can be determined. I would like you all to stay in Sandpoint for the time being. In my absence I need you to watch over the people of Sandpoint until I can get the soldiers needed to secure Sandpoint, so that you all may get back to your investigations that will most assuredly lead you away from town. Can I entrust the security of Sandpoint to you all until my return?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2013 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

I stand up and put my right fist on my heart, and I daringly say:
"Anything to help you, Sheriff! You can count on me to protect the people of Sand.."

(At this point, I try to draw my sword out. Apparently, it's stuck; so my sentence is interrupted, and the last syllable of Sandpoint is replaced with some angry mumbling, as I struggle to get my sword out. After struggling in total awkwardness for a couple of seconds, I just take out my fruit knife and hold it up instead of the sword. It's easy to notice that I'm blushing.)

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 6th Dec, 2013 - 5:58pm

6th Dec, 2013 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Gorion,

Gorion nods to the Sheriff.

"I will stay in town until you return. The people will feel much better if we are here while you are gone."

Gorion then looks over at embarassed Ian, and a grin comes across his face.

"I can help our young friend here shop for a new sword, and maybe give him a few pointers on how to use it. If he is willing."

Salius,

Salius also agrees to remain in town while the Sheriff is gone. When everyone starts to leave, Salius will look at Twilek and nod in the direction of Shalelu. Salius will approach her and ask her if she has seen the rune at any of the other goblin camps, or know anything about the rune.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2013 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 37 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

(After my failed attempt to make a good impression, I calm down significantly and the constant smile I had is replaced with a sad look. I follow Gorion almost blindly at this point, while looking down and nervously cleaning my travel-dirty nails with the fruit knife.)

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 7th Dec, 2013 - 4:31am

7th Dec, 2013 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

The sheriff rolls his eyes at Ian's botched performance. Pleased with the others answers the sheriff nods. "Well I need to prepare to depart, I do not have the luxury of waiting. Good luck gentlemen. Twilek I need to speak with you."

As the sheriff departs down the hall to speak to Twilek, Shalelu stands and turns to the group. "Would you all care to join me at the Rusty Dragon for dinner? I would like to hear more about the Sandpoint raid, and I can tell you a great deal of about the goblins that live within the region."

Belor takes Twilek down the hall to another room. "Twilek I would not have told Ian to come in and bring him into this, but I fear he will have no restraint and go off on his own and get himself killed. I need you and the others to watch over him. His father was a great friend of mine and I promised to watch over him. He is a good kid. So I'm entrusting his safety to you."

After the sheriff and Twilek return from their discussion he nods towards the group of men and departs. Mayor Deverin gives her thanks once again and begins going through papers sprawled about her desk.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 7th Dec, 2013 - 6:38pm

7th Dec, 2013 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Salius,

"Dinner at the Rusty Dragon sounds good, Shalelu. I feel we have much to talk about."

Salius decides that he will wait until tomorrow to deposit his note in the hollow tree. He then turns to Twilek.

"I think I will go to the Curious Goblin and do some more studying. Care to join me?"

After hearing Twilek's answer, Salius goes to the Curious Goblin to continue his search for answers.

Gorion,

"Dinner tonight it is. I pray that Iomedae will shine her light on this investigation and help us find some answers. Ian, I trust you know where the Red Dog Smithy is located. Head over there and start looking at swords and I will meet you there."

Gorion then left Town Hall and started walking towards Sandpoint Savories to talk to Aneka. The nervousness that he was feeling this morning had left him, and when he reached the bakery, he entered to find Aneka.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2013 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 37

"Really? You're giving me a sword? For free? I can't accept this kind sir, I have my own money. I can take care of the purchase myself, but I still thank you very- very much! I'll wait for you to come and help me make a decent choice too, I believe you know best."

Excited about a replacement sword, Ian races off to the Red Dog Smithy.

8th Dec, 2013 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 37

He replies to Belor, "Magnimar? I was hoping that I could return there to finish my training, but duty calls here. I will write a letter to the Pathfinders, could I meet you and have you deliver it?"

He follows the sheriff aside, replying, "Sure thing, sir! I can have him bedecked in protective gear. The others seem experienced in action, so I can have the young one observe at first. No need to worry!"

He then follows Salius to the Curious Goblin and continues his research.

Knowledge History: 11 +7 +2 =20

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 8th Dec, 2013 - 10:51am

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.