Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 38 of 95

"Mr. Gorion, sir! Korvut thinks - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Dec, 2013 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 95 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
8th Dec, 2013 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 38

Ian,

Ian arrives at the Red Dog Smithy greeted by the three Red haired mastiffs that lounge about the place. Sniffing at Ian and licking his hand in welcome, Das Korvut approaches to see who has gained the attention of his companions. Das stands tall, bald and well muscled making him look as intimidating as his attitude. He has little patience for customers and even less for everyone else. Sandpoint puts up with his foul-mouthed attitude and frequent drunken midnight rants because he really knows his job and does it well. "I don't have time for runts like you who play at being a hero... Keep to your wooden sword and go play." Das bellows at poor Ian.

Gorion,

Gorion enters Sandpoint Savories to the delectable smells of baking goods. Aneka looks up from the counter to see who has entered and a deep blush spreads across her face. "Hi, how are you today? What can I get for you?"

Twilek & Salius,

Twilek and Salius enter the Curious Goblin with its smell of dust and moldering books. Brodert notices Twilek's entrance and grabs his things and heads for the door mumbling under his breath something unintelligible. Chask stands back and watches silently to see the outcome of the awkward meeting.

Resfrix,

Resfrix returns to the temple to give a sermon to those gathered to worship Sarenrae. Compelling them with his words inspiring them with his passion.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 8th Dec, 2013 - 9:05pm

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2013 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Gorion,

When Aneka speaks to him, Gorion smiles and also begins to blush.

"Hi Aneka. My day just got a lot better!"

Gorion approaches the counter and looks over the delicious treats.

"I will take two sweetrolls. And, I would be honored if you would join me for dinner tomorrow night."

Gorion immediately second guesses his direct approach and holds his breath waiting for an answer. If Aneka accepts then Gorion will offer up the Rusty Dragon for the dinner date. He will then spend a few minutes making small talk, and pay for his sweetrolls. After leaving the bakery, Gorion will go directly to the Red Dog Smithy to meet up with Ian.

Salius,

Salius goes directly over to the table and starts studying the books from the previous day. He takes extra care to avoid Brodert and not get caught up in the newly formed feud between him and Twilek.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2013 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Having expected he would act in this manner, I collect my thoughts for a couple of seconds, and then say:

"But sir, I am on a quest to protect Sandpoint and its people from danger! The sheriff just recruited me! I am going to become a hero, and heroes need better weapons than this ol' rusty blade! ...I mean - I have the coin to pay for it anyways - I promise it won't take long!"

(In case a Diplomacy check is necessary, I rolled a check in advance: Diplomacy: 12 + 1 = 13
If mentioning the sheriff counts as part of the Favored Son trait, I think it means I take a +10 to diplomacy.)

If Das doesn't let me inspect or buy a new shortsword, I'll just wait for my new acquaintance Gorion to arrive outside the Blacksmith's shop, as expected.

If he let's me inspect the merchandise, I'll pay almost no attention to common weapons and armor, and instead inspect and touch all sorts of exotic or masterwork quality items, almost fascinated.

9th Dec, 2013 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Page 38 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Out of Character::
Johnathan,

I wouldn't use your one time bonus roll on Das. I would wait until Gorion arrives. There is also another shop in which to buy arms. Savah's Armory. Just a hint, you should suggest to Gorion when he arrives that you should go there. Gorion may be known as a town hero now and can probably get you a blade there, but you may find the other arms dealer to be a better choice.

9th Dec, 2013 - 8:41am / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Twilek gives Brodert a mischievous grin as he passes by. He walks over to his pile, nodding to the other occupants, and begins writing a letter.

Dear Mr & Mrs Heidmarch,

I had to rush to my hometown, Sandpoint, many profuse apologies. You have likely heard by now, the town was overrun by goblins during the Swallowtail festival.

I am still grieving for my late brother, Radu, and the town had a handful more unfortunate deaths, with a few still wounded.

Sheriff Belor, the one with whom I leave this letter, has tasked me with an investigation into the invasion. So far we know that it was on an unprecedented scale with multiple tribes united, rather unusual.

I believe I can also divulge the additional clues we have found to date, strictly for the completeness of society records. The corpse of late high priest Ezakien Tobyn was found disturbed and missing after the attack.

Also, we found a crude artwork at the goblin campsite depicting a black haired man wearing the seven pointed star of Varisia as a tattoo or medallion and no evidence of tracks of goblins converging at that point. No residual magic auras either.

Many apologies that I cannot accept society missions, but I believe this lead to be valuable to our records. With your blessing, I will take this as my mission.

Kind regards,
Twilek Gronleaf
Pathfinder Field Agent

He decides it's better to try hand it to the Sheriff early, so he leaves the bookshop, into his carriage. There he seals his letter with wax from an ordinary white candle. He imprints the only thing he has related to the Pathfinders, his Wayfinder, leaving an impression of a compass rose.

He then goes to the Barracks and asks for the sheriff. If he isn't there, Twilek will leave it with someone he knows.

Finally he returns to the bookshop, leaving 1 gold piece with Chask, "Thanks for the ink and paper, and more so for finding our books." He goes and continues reading (History check in last post).

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 9th Dec, 2013 - 8:42am

10th Dec, 2013 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Gorion & Ian,

Aneka begins grabbing the requested sweet rolls and drops them in the next second when asked to dinner. She blushes again embarrassed at her initial reaction to Gorion's invitation. Arika giggles in he background causing Aneka's blush to spread. "I would love to. When shall I expect you?" Aneka picks up the sweet rolls and throws them to the side Grabbing two more she hands them over to Gorion smiling shyly. Aneka refuses payment for the sweet rolls telling Gorion that her mother wouldn't hear of charging one of the town hero's.

Gorion finds Ian outside in front of the Red Dog Smithy looking rather solemn. Ian perks up at Gorion's arrival.

Twilek & Salius,

Twilek finds the sheriff with some of his men about to leave for Magnimar. Belor says he will make the delivery himself and reminds Twilek of how important it is for him to watch out for Ian and to take care of himself. After saying goodbye Twilek then heads back to the Curious Goblin.

Twilek and Salius study diligently. Taking in all the bits of information and trying to piece them together. Their histories tell them of the what is commonly known about the Sihedron rune's beginnings.

Ancient Thassilon was ruled by seven lords with great power.
The seven runes each lord used to fuel his or her power where symbols
Of the seven virtues of rule-rewards one could enjoy for being in
A position of power are known as greed, lust, pride, gluttony, envy,
Wrath, and sloth. Since the fall of Thassilon, the
Original seven virtues are remembered as the great sins of the soul.
The Sihedron rune was representative of
The seven virtues of rule, tying them together with seven points of the star.
What the seven original virtues where is only
Known by the few scholars who have studied ancient Thassilon.

The Varisians remember the rulers of Thassilon as demons.

Barbarian tales, passed on by storytellers for thousands
Of years, remember the rulers of Thassilon as the Azghat, a larger-than-life
Pantheon of war-bringers and punishers of the dishonorable.

The investigatory companions can not find much more information other then mere speculation on the matter.

Resfrix,

Resfrix goes to the dinning area to eat some lunch with the rest of the acolytes. Porridge and bread, lumpy and bland. Resfrix begins thinking about how good dinner at the Rusty Dragon with Shalelu and the others will be.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 10th Dec, 2013 - 3:57am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Dec, 2013 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 38

Twilek turns to Salius, saying, "I feel enlightened now on the Sihedron, but it hasn't brought us many more answers. It would be very concerning if real demons have seeped into Varisia, but I would imagine organizing a goblin invasion would be something they would never touch. Now I'm wondering if the barbarians, as written, have an oral tradition. Maybe they know more, but the investigation will have to rest for now."

Twilek goes over to Chask's desk and asks, "I realize it would be hard to come by one, but would you have a Shoanti to Taldane translator? I may take up a new language."

He then goes to the edge of town, having a look out to sea to pass the time before dinner. His travel takes him past the dump, and he takes a peek down, expecting goblin corpses strewn everywhere.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2013 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

"Mr. Gorion, sir! Korvut thinks I'm joking around and doesn't let me buy off of him!"

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.