Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 43 of 95

Salius, Shalelu smiles a crooked little smile. - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Dec, 2013 - 8:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 95 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
18th Dec, 2013 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 43

Gorion,

"The sheriff mentioned that, in his interogations, one of the goblins said that the 'Longshank' had gathered them from many tribes far away, and that they had travelled here setting up only temporary camps along the way. Is it possible that none of the local tribes are involved? Would goblins from any of the local tribes need to travel for more than a day and set up multiple camps to get to Sandpoint?

Either way, investigating the local tribes might be our next move. We should probably start by trying to find this 'secret hideout' that Koruvus found, it sounds like it might hold some answers. Also, how friendly are these local tribes? Would they be willing to talk, or do they just attack on sight?"

Salius,

"I do remember the sheriff saying that. Shalelu, do you know anything of other goblin tribes in Varisia? Possibly in barbarian territories?"

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2013 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

"From what I"ve been able to piece together, it was members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair amount of them where Mosswood tribe goblins. I don't think there where any goblins from further out, but I may be wrong in this. They all would have needed to set up camps, I'm sure unless they have some common hide out in which to emerge from. I had noticed the population decrease in the Mosswood tribe, that is partially how I new so many derived from there."

"Some facts about goblins, well goblins excel at riding animals, but they don't quite get horses. In fact, their hatred of all things horse is matched only by their fear of horses, who tend to step on goblins who get too close. Although goblins raise horrible rat-faced creatures called 'goblin dogs' to use as mounts, and ride wolves or worgs if they can get them-goblins are quick to explain that wolves are NOT dogs, their hatred of plain old dogs nearly matches their hatred of horses. The feeling is mutual. If your dog's barking at the woodpile or no reason, chances are he smells a frightened goblin hiding in there somewhere. Goblins Raid Junkyards, Garbage pits, gutters, sewers"¦ anywhere there's garbage, you can bet goblins are nearby. Goblins are weirdly adept at crafting weapons and armor from refuse, and are fond of killing people with what they throw away. Goblins Love to Sing. Unfortunately, as catchy as their lyrics can be, goblin songs tend to be a bit too creepy and disturbing to catch on in polite society."

Shalelu takes a swig off her ale and continues. "They"re sneaky, an excited or angry goblin is a noisy, chattering, toothy menace, but even then, he can drop into an unsettling silence in a heartbeat. This, matched with their diminutive size, makes them unnervingly adept at hiding in places you"d never expect: stacks of firewood, rain barrels, under logs, under chicken coops, in ovens"¦ giving rise to the next little fact about goblins. They"re a little crazy. The fact that goblins think of things like ovens as good hiding places reveals much about their inability to think plans through to the most likely outcome. That, and they tend to be easily distracted, particularly by shiny things and animals smaller than them that might make good eating."

"They"re voracious. Given enough supplies, a goblin generally takes nearly a dozen meals a day. Most goblin tribes don't have enough supplies to accommodate such ravenous appetites, which is why the little menaces are so prone to going on raids. They like fire. Burning things is one of the great goblin pastimes, although they"re generally pretty careful about lighting fires in their own lairs, especially since goblins tend to live in large tangled thistle patches and sleep in beds of dried leaves and grass. But give a goblin a torch and someone else's home and you"ve got trouble. They get stuck easily. Goblins have wiry frames but wide heads. They live in cramped warrens. Sometimes too cramped."

"I have little information aside from that to help you in your dealings with the unnerving beasts." Shalelu gives Salius a wink. "I hope that helps. I have to get some rest, I'm going to go sniff around Shank's Wood, Devil's Platter, and other places where goblins live to see if I can discover anything else about what's going on. When I return I will meet with you all again and let you know what I find. Just keep the people of Sandpoint safe until the sheriffs return. Perhaps after the sheriffs return I can take you all out with me."

"It's been a pleasure gentlemen, but I must bid you all goodnight." Shalelu gives Salius a mischievous grin and eyes him up and down and takes off for her room.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 19th Dec, 2013 - 5:23pm

19th Dec, 2013 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Gorion,

"Hmmm. We will discuss the situation further while the sheriff is away, and decide on a course of action when you return with more information."

Gorion continues to eat an drink his fill. When Shalelu excuses herself he raises his mug.

"Goodnight, Shalelu, and good luck in your travels."

Gorion sat with the others well into the night, sharing stories of adventures past. When he could stay awake no longer, Gorion retired to his room.

Salius,

Salius notices Shalelu checking him out, and gives her a wink and a smile when she retires to her room. After about 15 minutes of chatting with the others, Salius gives a big, exagerated stretch, and a loud yawn.

"Well, I'm beat. Please excuse me, gentlemen. It is time for me to retire."

Salius heads up the stairs, but instead of going to his room, he finds himself in front of Shalelu's door. He knocks on her door, and when she answers he says,

"I thought you might need a little company."

20th Dec, 2013 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Page 43 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Salius,

Shalelu comes to the door opening it only a crack, dripping wet with only a towel as cover. "Give me a moment to dress will you?" She looks slyly at him with a smile on her lips and closes the door. Salius waits for a short while, Shalelu again opens the door, wider this time to admit him. Shalelu is dressed in a long gray shirt covering her to about mid thigh, her ash blond hair appears darker in it's damp state. "To what do I owe the honor of your company?" She smirks as she takes a seat on the end of her bed. Waving her hand in the direction of the only chair in the room, she silently invites Salius to take a seat.

"I hope it is not a disappointment to you if I do not wish to speak of goblins at this time." Shalelu grasps her poncho, using it as a blanket to cover her bare legs as she continues, "I have to say that your visit is not unwelcome, just unexpected." Shalelu raises her eyebrows in a questioning look. She tries to feel out the reason for Salius's visit. Knowing that the obvious looks of her interest towards Salius is the most likely reason, she however is not one to assume.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 20th Dec, 2013 - 1:42am

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2013 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

While chatting and finishing my meal, I call for the innkeeper. I want to ask them how much a room would cost me per day. If it's someone I know and trust I will also ask them to sit and join us in our light chatter if they are not too busy!

20th Dec, 2013 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

Twilek retires soon after Shalelu and heads back home for dessert and family talk. He decides to move his donkey and attach her to the back of his carriage.

"Hi Jenny," He says and tugs at the bridle, "Come along now."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2013 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 43

Salius enters the room and takes a seat in the chair offered.

"I have heard enough about goblins for now, I was just thinking that we might enjoy each other's company. Your interest in me is well recieved, and to be honest, I have been quite taken by your beauty since I first saw you. If you are not to eager to rest, I would like for us to get to know each other better."

20th Dec, 2013 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

Salius,

Shalelu smiles a crooked little smile. "Tell me more about yourself then." Shalelu goes on to tell Salius that she has been watching over the region for some years now. She despises goblins, who have been a threat and a nuisance to the people living in the area. Shalelu jokes with Salius and makes small talk well into the night. "I hope that when I return that we can pick up where we left off, but it's getting late and I need to rest. You're welcome to stay and keep my bed warm, but I warn you there will be no funny business if you stay." Shalelu gives Salius a brilliant smile and makes her way into the covers, patting the space beside her in an invitation.

Ian,

Ameiko comes over to Ian and answers his questions. "Well being that you're with the hero's I will give you a free week and one gold piece a night after that. I wish I had time to sit and talk but at the moment I have too much to do."

Twilek,

Twilek makes his way home to find his favorite dessert waiting for him. His whole family is gathered around to greet him and talk with him before they all retire for the evening.

Resfrix,

Resfrix makes his way back to the temple to some much needed sleep.

Gorion,

Gorion retires to his room to find fan mail spread on the floor just inside his door. Much of it is more thanks from the town folk and some letters of adoration.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 20th Dec, 2013 - 8:45pm

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.