Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 59 of 95

"Gah!" Twilek exclaims in - Page 59 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jan, 2014 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 95 pgs.  55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2014 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 59

Ok, I will have two recommendations to make to the party:

"So, we could either take the backdoor or I can climb up on the roof; see if there's any trap door (That is meant to provide access to the roof from inside the glassworks)."

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2014 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Twilek caves into the arguments against him, "I see, I thought we were pressed for time. It's a shame none of us checked that side of town yesterday."

At the glassworks he says, "I was thinking the back door too. But the roof is a great idea. Even if there is no trapdoor, the glass domes will give an excellent view inside. Then we can see what we're getting into and plan our movement. I'll climb up with you, but let's go slowly and quietly."

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2014 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Slowly and quietly as Twilek recommended, I'd like to take 20 on my climb check, as well as take 10 on my stealth check. That means:
26 Climb, and 18 Stealth.

In case I can't take 20 on my climb check I'll just take 10 instead (=16 climb). If I can't take 10 on Stealth I roll 9(+8)=17.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 28th Jan, 2014 - 8:14pm

29th Jan, 2014 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Page 59 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Twilek follows Ian once he's reached the top. He leaves his shield on the ground and begins climbing. "Anyone else? I'm not strong enough to rope you all up, especially if we're avoiding noise."

Out of Character: I think that climb has a penalty for failure, so you can only take 10?

Taking 10
Climb: 10 +6 = 16
Stealth: 10 +12 = 22

Or an 8 on the die for stealth, if taking 10 not allowed. But it should be allowed if our characters take their time.

29th Jan, 2014 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Out of Character:: Icon is correct, you can not take 20 on a climb check. You can take 10. I have bad news for you both, even when taking 10 and adding your climb bonus you still are not able to make the climb. You make no progress up the side of the building, so neither of you fall from any height. But you both remain unseen if attempting your climb from the back of the building. I'm going to assume you both tried to climb up from the back.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2014 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Resfrix will walk up to the back door and knock on the door. "Since we do not know just what has gone on the best we can do is knock and see if we can get a response. After we get a response or not then we can figure out the next step."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2014 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 59

Out of Character: If the penalty for failing the climb means no damage, taking 20 is possible, considering you keep attempting it till you make it, as per the take 20 rule. (It's equivalent to rolling say 20 dice rolls hoping to reach it.) I hope this helped.

If the height is greater 10 feet, (Most ceilings are 7-14 feet tall) then damage is taken, in which case I roll again: 13+6=19 *smiles*

30th Jan, 2014 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 59

"Gah!" Twilek exclaims in shock. "Couldn't you ask us first? If that Lonjiku fellow is in there conspiring, then we have just alerted him. Spying never incriminated an honest man."

He climbs the wall again. It will be worth it to see what reaction the knock had.
Climb: 20 +6 =26
2 +6 =8
11 +6 =17
20 +6 =26
7 +6= 13

Out of Character: I just wanted to avoid falling at all, since it may make noise, not that it matters much now. It's also a very slow climb if using stealth at the same time.

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.