Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 67 of 95

Twilek, Twilek finds that Nisk has weapons - Page 67 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Mar, 2014 - 6:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 95 pgs.  63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
6th Mar, 2014 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 67

Twileks search reveals:

Underground Storage: Crates and barrels. Used to store sand and other raw materials. Two wheelbarrows sit against the wall. Just east of the stairs up to area A18, a brick wall has been dismantled to reveal an older passageway leading south.

A20. Storage: This room is used to store glassware, windows, and other finished goods.

A21. Storage: Used as a secondary storage room, Tsuto Kaijitsu has recently turned it into an impromptu holding cell for his sister, Ameiko.

A22. Secret Office: Once used by smugglers to track their illicit businesses.

A23. Smuggler's Entrance: The long tunnel leading north from this room winds through the bedrock below Sandpoint. Built decades ago by smugglers, the tunnel remains stable and serviceable as it winds on a lazy northeasterly route for just over 1,750 feet before reaching a dead end. Search check reveals a secret door that opens into a 30-foot-diameter cave on the side of the cliff overlooking the Varisian Bay. The cave mouth slopes down to a narrow beach. Twilek takes note of the crude collection of goblin beds or remnants of their meals strewn about the cave. Along the tunnel's southern half, two side tunnels branch off. One of these leads east to a collapse after 400 feet, but the one to the west seems to have once been bricked over and torn down again at the point where it diverges from the main tunnel. This westerly passageway winds for 50 feet before turning north for another 100 feet. This tunnel was an attempt to break into what the smugglers assumed would be the garrison basement, so that they could smuggle prisoners out for great profit. Yet what they discovered were the Catacombs of Wrath, and what the smugglers found there convinced them to brick up the tunnel and never speak of it again. The brick wall was torn down recently on Nualia's return. Twilek may want reinforcements to search the Catacombs of Wrath.

Ian and Twilek break the bad news to Ameiko, she seems to be in shock. She cries for a time and allows Twilek to take her to the manor.

Ian visits Hanna, but she instructs him to go to 'Bottled Solutions' and see Nisk Tander. Nisk shows Ian his wares, and his prices for Cure light wounds potions are about 50 gold pieces each. With more potent potions the price rises quickly.

Ian sends off his letter and goes to the curious goblin to read up on demons after finding Twilek.

Out of Character:: Reading materials gain readers a +2 to knowledge history check concerning demons. Please be sure to update your stat windows. Ian minus 10cp. Also let me know who ends up with the things found on Tsuto and add the coin found as well. We will assume that Gorion, Salius, and Resfrix have decided to stay in town and play around. They are taken out of play at the moment.

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2014 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

"Ian, there are tunnels under the city like you would not believe! Seems to have been quite an area some time ago. There's also a bricked up complex that I avoided, the same one Tsuto wrote about with the Quasit and the freaks. The problem is, it's not bricked up anymore.

"We're going to need the guard and all their demon hunting resources. We'll skip the library and go with what Resfrix(If you allow two last checks) and I know. I strongly suggest clearing the cave since it's in the town limits!"

On Quasits:
Knowledge Planes 2+3 = 5
On Succubi:
Knowledge Planes 18+3 = 21

Then he visits the barracks to get caught up on any further information gleaned from Tsuto.

8th Mar, 2014 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Twilek and Ian,

Not much is known on the subjects Twilek seeks to learn more on. Basically feeling blind on what may be waiting in the tunnels. Twilek and Ian find that Tsuto will not talk. Having come to a dead end for the moment with night closing in on them they begin to think it is about time to call it a day.

Pathfinder and Erdoshanta,

Both are making their way East towards Sandpoint to find out more on the rumors of goblin activity. A few hours away from their destination and only a couple of yards away from each other on the road, they don't know each other yet but as fate may have it they will soon. As the day begins to move towards night, a small group of goblins heading North come out of Tickwood heading toward Shankswood across the road. One of the goblins spot Erdoshanta and begins to head towards her. Pathfinder can see that the small gnome is outnumbered and alone.

Out of Character:: Pathfinder and Erdoshanta roll for Initiative. Twilek and Ian will have to be patient. I am getting the new characters into the game. If there is more you would like to do in town before the end of the night, please do. If you end up waiting for the next day to come before the new characters make it to the next day then you may have to wait for them to play catch up. Sorry!

8th Mar, 2014 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 67 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

With no clues to follow, Twilek thinks back to his training. He says to Ian "If I remember right, all fiends tend to enjoy fire but certain metals are anathema to them. Can't quite remember which ones, so we'll have to buy a few different ones.

"Normally we'd have to spend quite a bit of coin on special weapons. But, I know alchemical Weapon Blanches are popular in the Absalom Pathfinder lodge. You coat your weapon in a layer of the powder, set it over a fire for a minute and you have a silver weapon to slay werewolves, good for just one hit. I'm just using them as an example, I don't expect to run into any werewolves down there."

Twilek then heads to Nisk's bottled solutions, with or without Ian, looking for weapon blanch. If it's closed he will peek through the window to see what he can identify from a distance.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2014 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Ian:

"I thought cold iron was the bane of demons and creatures of the forest, or was that devils and feys? I think we need to ask someone to be 100% sure before risking it. -- Mr. Twilek, by the way, I'm no expert fighter, adventurer or warrior. I'm not sure if just you and me can do this. Not to doubt your own personal capabilities, but this may well be suicide, if we don't try and recruit other adventurers!"

Erdoshanta:

(Erdoshanta is always travelling mounted on her companion/mount, a medium sized axebeak, called Mazzranache).

Init for Erdoshanta: 8+3=11
Init for Mazzranache: 9+3=12

Out of Character: (On rules about mounted combat and movement: Canabusis I can assist with any necessary rulings, if you are not sure about something!)

In Character: As soon as she realises that a goblin is headed their way she will turn Mazzranache to face the attacker, and then use speak with animals to explain to him (By whispering):

"Look at this poor creature, put it down without killing it; it doesn't deserve death."

Attack command handle animal (DC 20): 17+8+4= 29 (=success)

The axebeak is a charging animal by nature, so it would charge using its axe-shaped beak as its primary weapon:

Attack roll for Mazzranache: 15+1+2= 18
Damage roll if hit: 3+1= 4

9th Mar, 2014 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Pathfinder is anxious about the possibilities of future combat in riding the land of her most hated foes: goblins. As fate would have it she sees someone in distress, it immediately reminded her of her past but this is not the time for sentiment, she rushes forward!

Initiative: 19+2 = 21

Out of Character: I hope I did that right. If I didn't please roll for me this one time and tell me what I'm missing for next time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2014 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 67

Out of Character: Welcome to the game Pathfinder. You are most welcome to learn the game with us! That was an excellent description of your action, but you missed on some technical details. I'll happily and patiently help you get all these out of your way of enjoying your character!

You unfortunately didn't roll correctly for that initiative, and you should also roll for an attack. (When entering combat and performing an action, you are advised to include any necessary rolls for the action.)

1. By looking at your character's stats and abilities, your initiative modifier seems to be +6, not +2; so add another 4 to your roll!

2. If your attack is not a natural 1 (Meaning your die didn't land on 1) you should always follow it up with the damage roll, regardless of what you think your result might mean.

While you're at it, remember:

1. ...that attacking during a charge grants you a +2 to your attack roll.

2. ...to add your favored enemy bonus on your attack and damage rolls. (Your favored enemy bonus should be +2, not +1. Have a quick review of that!)

Always remember the possibility of defeat or even death in combat. Be very careful when on low hitpoints!

Rather off topic, but...
Guys please post more often. I don't like waiting to post only 2/week!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 10th Mar, 2014 - 12:21am

10th Mar, 2014 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 67

Twilek,

Twilek finds that Nisk has weapons blanch in silver 5gp, cold iron 20gp, and adamantine 100gp. Nisk asks if Twilek would like to purchase any?

Erdoshanta and Pathfinder,

Pathfinder rushes forward to attack as Mazzranache prepares to attack the goblin heading her way. Mazzranache strikes the little beast, making the goblin wary of being so bold in his attack. The frightened goblin strikes but fails to hit Mazzranache by a few feet. The goblin was afraid of getting close enough to strike.

With the goblin's companions (Three of them), watching with evil smiles as they slowly close in the gap between Mazzranache, and Erdoshanta. Pathfinder comes up from behind letting a bolt loose from her crossbow, she makes a direct hit. The bolt lands in the closest goblins shoulder. Making him wheel around to see who has attacked him from behind. The little beast snarls and drops to the ground and looks to be dead. The other goblins continue to slowly and cautiously close in on Erdoshanta, taking no notice of Pathfinder or the goblin she fell in the rear of their group.

Out of Character:: Johnathan is right about the rolls. I rolled attack and damage rolls for your character this time to keep the game moving, but please include them next time. If you are unsure just ask and someone will be able to answer your questions.

Pathfinder Attack roll 1d20: 18+2=20 (She did not say she was charging, only rushing forward.) Damage roll: 3+1(Strength)+2(Favored enemy)=6

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 10th Mar, 2014 - 6:56am

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.