Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 70 of 95

"Maybe I have but not to talk with..." - Page 70 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Mar, 2014 - 8:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 95 pgs.  66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  ...Latest (95) »
Closed
Pathfinder Pathfinder RPG - Approved Players, the GM updates the RPG here.
Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Related Information to Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
13th Mar, 2014 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 70

Pathfinder listens carefully and is somewhat surprised by the stranger's words,

"You seem to know a lot about goblins, are they as much your enemy as they are mine?"

Before she could allow an answer she continues,

"I'm Pathfinder, a bred goblin hater, and if they are doing this in Sandpoint I wish to be in the thick of it."

She stands awaiting a reply with her face crossed as if she could see the goblins in front of her.

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2014 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Pathfinder and Erdoshanta converse on the road to Sandpoint still a couple of hours away and already loosing light.

What are your next actions?

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2014 - 8:59am / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game
A Friend

Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Erdoshanta: I shrug and while walking among the two animals and looking into the distance I respond:

"The goblins don't disrupt nature's balance. They are a part of it. My only enemies are those wish to interfere with anything natural, or end up doing so unwillingly. That doesn't mean I don't fight them. Defending yourself is part of nature's balance. However, I will never risk my existence in order to stop one from killing someone who is defenseless. It's the nature's way of telling us who is worth living, and who isn't."

After a while I add:

"You seem full of passion and energy, young one... Better put that energy to good use..."

(If you so wish, you may roll a Sense Motive for that. The default DC is 20. If you decide to roll and succeed you might learn something about the character by reading whatever little facial expressions she makes, if any at all. Ignoring this check is completely fine)

14th Mar, 2014 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 70 Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Out of Character: Thanks for the tip about Sense Motion. I got a 12 so I don't know if it worked or not. By the way how come you RP in the first person and not the third?

Pathfinder is taken by surprised again by the gnome's words.

"How do you suggest I put my 'energy' to good use?" She says with a bit of sarcasm. Again, before she waits for a reply she says,

"I'm heading down this road to Sandpoint if you care to follow."

Pathfinder does not actually walk on the road but near to it so she isn't too obvious from a distance.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2014 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Main RPG Runelords The Rise Canabusis

Out of Character: I have tried playing in third person in the past. I never felt like I could feel the character to be fully fleshed out when I did it. I do believe that it's better for a variety of reasons to actually role-play in third person, but I personally find it a bit hard!

In Character: Erdoshanta: I calmly respond with a sense of certainty in my voice:

"Think of it like this: Imagine 2 female goats that a farmer has that each produce milk daily. The first produces a medium amount of milk, and is thus not considered a particularly talented milk-producer. The second one can however produce twice the amount of milk, but tends to kick a lot, and every second day she kicks the bucket of freshly squeezed milk, and spills it all. [pause] You'd be amazed how many subtle meanings are hidden within one's words. Your phrase 'I wish to be in the thick of it' shows how thirsty for adventure you are. You angry look at the poor fleeing goblins shows hatred. Hatred is bad for you. It blinds your eyes and blurs the thought. If you keep 'kicking' Like this, you are most certain to knock over your 'bucket' Every second day. Out here it's dangerous. Goblins will rip your eyes out and eat them for breakfast; and they're supposed to be the least of your worries. You can't afford to make mistakes. If I wasn't here you'd be dead by now. I want you to understand what this means, young lady. [long pause, gazing into the distance while walking among the animals]"

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 14th Mar, 2014 - 5:42pm

14th Mar, 2014 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Astounded at the wise words Pathfinder looks at the gnome and says,

"Are you a guru, sage or priest of sorts?"

She admits her own youth and folly have led her astray but she does not readily acknowledge that the magician could be right.

She keeps walking.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2014 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game - Page 70

In Character: "I am but a dryw, otherwise known as a 'Seer' Or 'Druid'. I study astronomy, the extent and geographical distribution of the globe, the different branches of natural philosophy, and many problems connected with religion. [sudden and awkward stop]"

Out of Character: (At this point, it becomes obvious that something she thought got her uncomfortable. Her voice remains cold and serious, but she changes the subject.)

In Character: "Tell me, have you seen any other gnomes before?"

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 14th Mar, 2014 - 8:16pm

14th Mar, 2014 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis' Rise The Runelords RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 70

"Maybe I have but not to talk with..." She keeps walking as though she has an appointment to keep. "I respect your talents and words, but let's be on our way." She shows that her youth is definitely a drive for her actions.

> TOPIC: Canabusis' Rise Of The Runelords RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.