Pictures Speak 1000 Words

Pictures Speak 1000 Words - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st May, 2006 - 2:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

9th Feb, 2003 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Pictures that give you encouragement      

user posted image | user posted image | user posted image

Art has a glorious way of making us think and wonder. Biblical art does this especially well with scenes of the Savior and the Woman at the Well, etc.

Which art pieces in the Church are your favorite and what affect does it have on you?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2003 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Words Speak Pictures

My favorite picture is not a painting but the photo of the Christus in Temple square with space behind it.  They sell this picture with the saying "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would worth it."  I just love the Picture with the savior with His hands stretched out in a welcoming manner and space behind Him reminds me that of course, He is the master of all and is not of this world and that my time here on earth is short in comparison to the eternities and that if I endure to the end the rewards are definitely worth it.

11th Feb, 2003 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Pictures Speak 1000 Words Studies Doctrine Mormon

There are plenty I love. One is JesusChrist with children, I love to see the little ones face looking at Jesus. The other I like is the one of JesusChrist embracing a man like saying 'come unto me little child'. I love it, I have it on my wall smile.gif

21st May, 2006 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Words Speak Pictures

To choose one is really difficult, but I have always been fond of the final judgement painting where Christ has his hand up to one group of people and his other hand down at the others. When I first saw it as a child I was mesmerized by it.

> TOPIC: Pictures Speak 1000 Words

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,