Benny Hinn - Page 2 of 2

It seems like very soon, Benny Hinn will be - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 18th Feb, 2010 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 25th May, 2006 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Benny Hinn
A Friend

Benny Hinn - Page 2

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 24-May 06, 7:43 AM)
In recent shows I have noticed him wearing a traditional kung-fu style outfit as opposed to his trade mark light colored suit and tie - what is up with that? We must ask what has given him a rise to power, there must be something that people are holding on to that they cannot find anywhere else, including other Churches with similar pomp and acting.

I think what he gives them is hope. Hope that they can be healed, hope that there is a quick easy way out of financial burden, hope that god is going to come to their aid. Benny Hinn makes these people believe that god is something that can just quickly and easily fix all their problems. Instead of holding people accountable, he gives them the back door out of their problems. The problem is that it is false hope. There is no quick and easy way. If giving to god instantly fixed your financial problems, then more people would give more, but it doesn't work that way. He preys on peoples desire and need for someone to save them, takes what he can, then moves on. He is fools gold in a suit, people see him and hear him and think they have hit the jack pot, but in reality, all he is , is a cheap thrill and then your disappointed.

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2009 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Hinn Benny

He is being investigated by the Senate Finance Committee and was recently denied entry into the United Kingdom. The press has been bad, he says, because the media doesn't understand him. It is reported that his ministry makes around US$100 million dollars a year!

international QUOTE
"[The media] are never going to paint me as I want to be painted," Hinn said in an exclusive interview. "But, really, it doesn't matter as long as people give me the chance to talk."

And talking he is "¦ about the finance probe, his lavish lifestyle and accusations that his faith healings are fake because he offers no documentation or verification that he has, in fact, helped the blind see and the crippled walk.

"They question me on why I don't verify," Hinn says. "I answer, "God never called me to verify. I"m not a doctor.'"

He says that after a tabloid news show aired an expose on his worldwide Benny Hinn Ministries, he tried to make changes. The expose reported that though thousands of people attending Hinn's religious gatherings said they were healed, the ministry couldn't prove they suffered from any infirmities in the first place, or that they actually had been miraculously healed.

So, Hinn says, his ministry created a department to handle verifications and follow up on the "miracles."

"It was chaotic. It was a mess," he says. "The staff would call and people would be mad and say, 'Why are you questioning that I was lying up there?""

"Then we would call the doctors. They wouldn't talk to us most of the time "¦ so it didn't work."

Last week Hinn was denied entry into the U.K. For a three-day rally at which, according to his Web site, thousands of evangelical Christians planned to hear him. New immigration rules that crack down on religious extremism required him to present a special certificate of sponsorship, which he didn't have.

Hinn claims several Christian ministers before him also were denied entry, but his expulsion made headlines because he's a well-known, charismatic pastor who preaches a prosperity gospel. Give generously to God, he preaches, and God will give even more generously in return.

Hinn has reaped great benefits from that philosophy.

Benny Hinn Ministries doesn't publish its finances, but one report estimated it takes in $100 million a year. Hinn says only that the ministry pays him more than half a million dollars a year - but that income doesn't include money from the sales of his books and his other private business ventures.

He says he plans to cut his salary in half, and eventually to receive no pay.

That decision comes amid an ongoing probe of six evangelical ministers and their megachurches by the Senate Finance Committee, headed by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa). Benny Hinn Ministries is one of the six.

The committee is investigating whether the ministries are using their tax-exempt status to further God's work - or to fund luxuries like mansions, expensive cars and private jets.

"We"ve answered every question "¦ over 5,000 pages ... And of course it's not over yet," Hinn says. "It's still open. We"re still talking, still cooperating."

Grassley's office confirms this, saying Benny Hinn Ministries is one of only two that have cooperated completely with the Finance Committee's requests.

But questions still loom about Hinn's lavish lifestyle and his private plane, which he says his ministry owns.

The pastor defends both, saying that "in today's world, there's this idea that preachers are supposed to be poor, wearing sandals and riding bicycles, I guess "¦ which is really nonsense.

"The Lord wants us to follow His righteous life, but yet we have to exist in the 21st century. You can't be going about riding a bicycle and to travel the world "¦ that is not smart."

Hinn says "the plane is a necessity, not a luxury" because of his extensive travel...

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2009 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Benny Hinn Beliefs Religious General

Benny Hinn: 'I Would Not Do This for Money'

Evangelical Leader Under Senate Investigation Sits With 'Nightline' for Rare Interview

Miraculous cures for cancer and AIDS, people in wheelchairs getting up and dancing. It's business as usual for Benny Hinn, perhaps the world's most famous, successful and controversial televangelist. Hinn is a faith-healer who almost never grants interviews -- until now. Ref. Source 9

18th Feb, 2010 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Hinn Benny

It seems like very soon, Benny Hinn will be single. His wife of 30 years filed for divorce.

international QUOTE
ORANGE, Calif. -  The wife of televangelist Benny Hinn has filed for divorce in Southern California.

Suzanne Hinn filed papers in Orange County Superior Court on Feb. 1, citing irreconcilable differences.

The couple has been married for more than 30 years.

Hinn operates a church and television studio in Aliso Viejo.

He is one of six televangelists under investigation by Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa..

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Benny Hinn

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,