Differences Between A Chapel And A Rented Building

Differences Chapel Rented Building - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th May, 2006 - 6:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th May, 2006 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

I have to teach a class next month about Reverence and I would like to know some of the differences between having a chapel and renting a building for worship services. I am refering to dedication, sacredness of the building and so on. Any help on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th May, 2006 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Rented And Chapel Between Differences

A Chapel the church owns and can't be pulled by the owner, where the rented can easily be pulled at a whim. I don't know if this helps.

28th May, 2006 - 6:21am / Post ID: #

Differences Between A Chapel And A Rented Building Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think the sacredness of the meeting place has more to do with the hearts of those who attend than it does with where the meeting is held. I grew up in a small town and we held meetings in a rented building. I remember being told that reverence was just as important for us in our building as it was for those who met in a beautiful chapel.

When one recognizes the house in which he is meeting as the dwelling place of the Lord, whom he loves with all his heart, then it is not difficult for him to have reverence for it. Marion G. Romney, "Reverence," Ensign, Sept. 1982, 3
I know that a chapel is dedicated and a rented building is not, but in my view this shouldn't affect how reverent we are during our meetings.

> TOPIC: Differences Between A Chapel And A Rented Building

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,