Are You Prepared

Are Prepared - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 9:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

To Receive God?
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Are You Prepared

"What if the day of His coming were tomorrow? If we knew that we would meet the Lord tomorrow--through our premature death or through His unexpected coming--what would we do today? . . .

"If we would do those things then, why not now? Why not seek peace while peace can be obtained? If our lamps of preparation are drawn down, let us start immediately to replenish them."

Ref. "Preparation for the Second Coming," Ensign, May 2004, 9

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2005 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Prepared Are

I am definetly not prepared to meet God as yet...I mean I would love to meet him but there are so many things I need to accomplish first. I have a young and small family and I want to expand it soon, I also do not feel spiritually to the level to meet God (I do not know if there is such a thing as a "level" to meet God though) but surely I could do much better than I am doing. Most of the time we take time for granted and we think we have all the time of the world to replenish our lamps but the truth is that death can come to our door at any time and at any giving circumstance. We should take it more seriously.

20th Feb, 2006 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Are You Prepared Studies Doctrine Mormon

If I were prepared, I would be dead or translated. This life is not for us to become completely prepared - it is the time for us to prepare, or in other words, to go through a continual process of preparation, thus progressing on the path toward God. To say I am prepared now would be presumptuous and foolish.

20th Feb, 2006 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Prepared Are

Life is not enough time to prepare to meet the Almighty, yet I think we can do the best we can in order to be "the best" prepared in every possible way.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 9:19am / Post ID: #

Are You Prepared
A Friend

Prepared Are

LDS_forever said:

I am definetly not prepared to meet God as yet...I mean I would love to meet him but there are so many things I need to accomplish first.

2. Ne, 2:23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

Does this mean that we will be saved after all we could have done had we lived a little longer? I personally don't think so.

It's a very common idea in the Church that we have to accomplish so many things before we can meet God. We know people are dying simply because of other people's free agency. So, if you die right after baptism, are you not ready to meet God? You surely haven't had the chance to go hometeaching, do genealogy, go to the Temple and so on. I believe that if we do what we feel is right (being inspired) on a day to day basis, we will be ready to meet God whenever we should pass away. Of course there are certain things that will be needed to be done on behalf of a person who should die right after baptism (Temple ordinances etc).

On the other hand, if you go around day by day not doing the things you are spiritually promted to do, willingly not submitting to it, it would probably have been better for you to live longer.

Stephen E. Robinson deals with this concept in his book "Believing Christ".

Reconcile Edited: joheri on 2nd Jun, 2006 - 9:21am

> TOPIC: Are You Prepared

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,