Mormon Testimony Meeting Not Actually A Testimony - Page 2 of 2

The following is a message from the First - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd May, 2013 - 8:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A time to praise men?
14th Jun, 2008 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Testimony Meeting Not Actually A Testimony - Page 2

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
I guess I would have to disagree with you even though I know you are right--I am not there yet.

I'm not sure what you CAN disagree with... I was expressing how "I" feel about the General Authorities, I do not expect everyone to feel the same way. I just know that the greatest enlightenment for ME comes from personal discovery and not a talk from a pulpit. When one is open to any teaching then the most heart changing message might come from the least person or even your enemy, not necessarily a person with a 'high' title.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2008 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Testimony Actually Meeting Testimony Mormon

JB-
I guess I worded that wrong. I meant that I know there is a time when that will be the same for me probably--I am just not there yet. Line upon line...

I was expressing how "I" feel about the General Authorities, I do not expect everyone to feel the same way

I wasn't trying to imply you were expecting that. I did take that as your opinion, I was just responding to it with where I was at and how I felt people could think in the same way vs. your point. I am sorry if it replied in a way that was not clear.

14th Jun, 2008 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Testimony Meeting Not Actually A Testimony Studies Doctrine Mormon

There is nothing to be sorry about, however in what you said is just my point. You do not have to be "there yet" because you are somehow saying that there will be a need to be "there" sometime in the future. There is nothing wrong with liking GAs or firesides or whatever as long as it works for you in keeping you on the path of righteous.

The point I believe I am making in this Thread is that the focus of Testimony Meetings is not on Christ as much as it is on everything else. Such a focus is just that - a focus NOT on Christ. This is one reason I created the "Focus on Christ" Board. Members I have found have become so wrapped up on everything else including authority that they longer praise the Lord for what he has done for them, they instead praise Bill, Harry, Bishop, their dog, or cat, etc. I am not saying that anyone here is doing that.

17th Aug, 2012 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Testimony Actually Meeting Testimony Mormon

This is a tickler topic for me because it really bothers me when members use the pulpit to do this. Sometimes I listen to them and I feel like I'm hearing a blog being read and not any real testimony behind it.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2013 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Testimony Actually Meeting Testimony Mormon

The following is a message from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The letter-dated February 14, 2013, and signed by the First Presidency-was also read in sacrament meeting:

"In the past the First Presidency has expressed concern that in some instances, members who desire to bear their testimonies in fast and testimony meeting do not have the opportunity to do so. Bishoprics are again encouraged to help all people learn to express a brief, heartfelt testimony of our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, and the truths of the restored gospel so that more members may have the opportunity to participate. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Testimony Meeting Not Actually A Testimony

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,