National Security Vs. Rights

National Security Vs Rights - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Dec, 2009 - 12:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Based on the Law...
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2006 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

National Security Vs. Rights

GOVERNMENT ARGUES SECURITY CERTIFICATES NECESSARY TO PROTECT NATIONAL SECURITY

Lawyers for the federal government argued before the Supreme Court on Wednesday that national security outweighs the rights of individuals.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...oc14062006.html

Sponsored Links:
16th Jun, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Rights Vs Security National

The government side is defending the use of security certificates, which allow the indefinite detention of non-citizens who are accused of being threats to national security.

The key term in this sentence is "non-citizens". I know this may sound harsh but I strongly believe that non-citizens really do not have the same rights as citizens. I am not saying this should mean that they should not be treated fairly, but their rights should not be the same as a citizen. One may argue that citizenship has nothing to do with rights, and whether someone is or is not a threat to a country, and that may be so. This is just an opinion I have on the matter, and nothing more.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2009 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

National Security Vs. Rights History & Civil Business Politics

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life."
-- Theodore Roosevelt - (1858-1919) 26th US President - Source: letter 01/10/1917

> TOPIC: National Security Vs. Rights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,