Prayer

Prayer - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2014 - 7:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A general Thread about Prayer, not "Mighty Prayer", but just prayers that we say ourselves, family, etc.
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2006 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Prayer

Prayer

"Say your prayers always before going to work. Never forget that. A father--the head of the family--should never miss calling his family together and dedicating himself and them to the Lord of Hosts, asking the guidance and direction of his Holy Spirit to lead them through the day--that very day. Lead us this day, guide us this day, preserve us this day, save us from sinning against thee or any being in heaven or on earth this day! If we do this every day, the last day we live we will be prepared to enjoy a higher glory."
-- Brigham Young, in Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young [1997], 45-46

Sponsored Links:
16th Jun, 2006 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Prayer

Offtopic but,
That's a great quote. For all his fire and bluntness, and even the times he was just plain wrong, I really enjoy Brigham Young.

My daughter and I always ask to recognize those who may be in need, to be kind to others, and for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all things. I love having a family prayer at the beginning of the day. I feel as if I am sending my daughter off to school fortified and protected.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 16th Jun, 2006 - 5:02am

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2006 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Prayer
A Friend

Prayer Studies Doctrine Mormon

Prayer is one of the most amazing things. I pray whenever I need anything that is beyond my own abilities to achieve, which is very often. From my own experiences, it seems like God is very willing to help but we have to remain fully faithful and appreciate what we have and what he does for us.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Prayer

"If prayer is to leave the public schools, let the ridicule of prayer leave also."

-- Boyd K. Packer, Ensign, Sept. 1973, p.38

> TOPIC: Prayer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,