The U S Can Detain You Indefinitely

The Detain Indefinitely - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Oct, 2012 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

That is right, indefinitely if you are not a citizen.
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2006 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Federal Judge Rules U.S. Can Detain Non-Citizens Indefinitely on Basis of Religion, Race or National Origin

A federal judge in Brooklyn has ruled the government can legally detain non-citizens on the sole basis of their religion, race or national origin and then detain them indefinitely. We speak with an attorney with the Center for Constitutional Rights that filed a lawsuit in the case.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/16/1355218

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2006 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Indefinitely Detain S The

All this may be true since non-citizens do not have real rights, but the USA has to remember one thing: "What goes around comes around", and if they start emphasizing this, they can be sure those from other countries will treat their citizens living abroad in the same way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Jun, 2006 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

The U S Can Detain You Indefinitely History & Civil Business Politics

I really want to believe that the US will not actually be serious about this, I find it to be a very dangerous tool that in the end, can play against them. I believe they are smarter than that.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Jun, 2006 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

While I believe in less rights for non-citizens, I think this is a bit too much. There would be too much room for abuse.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2006 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is absolutely horrible. Think of the implications!

A guy from say, Jordan visits New York, and when he lands at JFK, is taken by the FBI and interrogated, perhaps sent to Guantanamo, and even "rendered" back to Jordan to be tortured!

This law also reminds of apartheid South Africa and for obvious reasons. If the USA enacts this law, the world is going to attack the U.S.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2006 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Its already been happening for a while. There are people currently released that are suing the government over it. They are held with out phone calls, or charges, or bail for nearly three years, then just released like that. I don't think its right. But then, if they will do that to a non-citizen now, how long till they do it to us? Its not like they started advertising they were doing it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2012 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The S Detain Indefinitely

Court Says Obama Administration Can Still Detain Anybody Indefinitely:
An appeals court ruled the U.S. Can enforce the National Defense Authorization Act's indefinite detention clause while the court decides whether to kill or allow the provisions, Josh Gerstein of Politico reports. Ref. Source 1

> TOPIC: The U S Can Detain You Indefinitely

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,