Why Are Rich People Never Satisfied?

Why Rich People Satisfied - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jul, 2006 - 9:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Why do they want more and more and more?

Sponsored Links:
19th Jun, 2006 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Satisfied People Rich Why

Greed. That's the reason they want more and more. Sometimes, most of us who are not rich think that for instance with a million dollar we will be "satisfied", the truth is that when you start spending the money, you tend to want to but more and more expensive stuff and you start realizing that after all, that million dollar is not "enough" and you want more and more.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Jun, 2006 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Why Are Rich People Never Satisfied? History & Civil Business Politics

All the people I have come in contact with that have money seem to be more concerned with taxes and where to invest the money they have to keep it working for them. And when their money is invested it creates jobs and cash flow and keeps the economy moving. The very few people I know of that spent their money on everything they wanted didn't have it long.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 20th Jun, 2006 - 5:26am

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 6:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

When you have more, you spend more. There will always be something you want that costs more than you had previously thought you could afford. We constantly strive to get that one thing out of reach, which leads to further greed and spiralling desire for more and more.

I'm not saying that wanting to have lots of money is wrong, but if you cannot check your desire, you will spend yourself poor again. There have been many people to win the Lottery but in the end, become poor again. That desire and greed left unchecked is what makes those who have, want more and more.

22nd Jun, 2006 - 8:43am / Post ID: #

It is a habit. Rich people become rich by being thrifty, or some might call it being cheap and selfish. It is a way of life and part of who they are. If a poor person is unsatisfied with life and thinks money is the answer to all his problems, he is not going to change his way of thinking just because he becomes rich. He will continue to think he is unhappy because he doesn't yet have enough money.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2006 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is the general consensus of this board that rich people are cold,heartless,greedy people?

Did you forget about Richard Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad?

He himself went through this greed feeling and guess what, lost it all? In accounting, having fun with greed, as I call it, is a huge liability. Also, being greedy is also immoral. When it comes to money, it's a greed and fear cycle for many people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2006 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Why Rich People Satisfied

It's human nature of greed, that the more you get the more you need. People tend to live beyond their means, and soon get used to the lifestyle that this brings, leading to them craving for even more excitement that they feel only money can bring them.Only my opinion of course laugh.gif

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

5th Jul, 2006 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Why Rich People Satisfied Politics Business Civil & History

While there can be, and certainly is, an element of greed in many "rich" peoples' lives, there is another aspect that everyone needs to consider.

Most people who are considered "rich", really are only high wage earners. They are driven to succeed, to accomplish things, to overcome obstacles. People like the founder of Wal-Mart, or J.C. Penney, or Andrew Carnegie. They all became very wealthy, but continued to build their businesses. Was that bad? Was it greed?

I don't think it was either bad or greed. They built great businesses, that still employ thousands upon thousands of people. Their corporations provide income and opportunity to hundreds of thousands, even millions as now many, if not most, pension funds and mutual funds are invested in these rock-solid corporations.

Are there greedy people? Certainly. But there is just as much greed among those who are poor or middle class as there are among the "rich".

Now, for another side of the question, consider people who have "inherited" wealth. Some are very greedy. Others aren't. But not all that many of them are really productive, contributing members of society. (In my opinion)

There are many "rich" people who also do tremendous amounts of good with their money. They donate to projects aimed at encouraging strong, sustainable agriculture in Africa, or establish homes for runaways. They build cultural landmarks (think the Carnegie Center), libraries, hospitals, churches, monuments and many other elements of society.

I think that there are far too many of us who try to apply simplistic answers to complex questions such as this one. Remember, stereotypes don't really work all that well, other than to sustain prejudice. In fact, the very question asked to start this topic is a good example of that type of prejudice.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Why Are Rich People Never Satisfied?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,