Fasting

Fasting - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 29th May, 2007 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2006 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Fasting

Fasting

What is the correct way to fast; should I use water, how long, etc.?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2006 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Fasting
A Friend

Fasting

The bible speaks greatly on fasting but little as to the specific hows and often whys. Some scriptures speak of it as a way to humble yourself before god (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21).

Although the water fast seemed to be the custom of the prophet, there was a three-week period in which he only abstained from "delicacies," meat, and wine (Daniel 10:3).

Another fast in the bible is an absolute fast, having no food at all. This was done by both Paul (Acts 9:9), Moses and Elijah (Deuteronomy 9:9; I Kings 19:8).

I suggest drinking plenty of water while you fast as you can go without food for a long time but cannot go with water for very long.

Finally, if you fast, it should be for your own reasons spiritually. I have found many sites that give a bunch of reasons for fasting, and tell you what to do while fasting, but none of them have scriptural basis. One must learn to not listed to nicely packaged dogmatic statements and decide for yourself what is the purpose of your fast.

26th May, 2007 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Fasting Revealed Bible The

For me a true fast involves prayer, abstinence from food and water and a concentrated effort on the purpose of your fast. Therefore, missing a meal may be a norm for most days, but missing two may not be, so go with a two meal fast. Fasting is a spiritual things, so I would advise prayer before, during and after the fast. DO not complain or announce you are fasting save for the sake of courtesy where you would not want a family member to take out food for you while you are fasting.

29th May, 2007 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Fasting

QUOTE (JB @ 25-May 07, 9:40 PM)
DO not complain or announce you are fasting save for the sake of courtesy where you would not want a family member to take out food for you while you are fasting.

I agree whole heartedly with this statement, it should be a personal thing, about prayer, and not a case of "look how great I am".

I don't think that it's a good idea to fast for more than a day either, nobody wants anybody's health to suffer because they've dehydrated.

> TOPIC: Fasting

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,