Is It Okay To Think Bad Things? - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE However, if the person does not mind, - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Aug, 2007 - 2:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Aug, 2007 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Is It Okay To Think Bad Things? - Page 2

QUOTE (Anthony)
generally, I believe that even bad thoughts are "good" thoughts.

spock.gif Care to elaborate on that?

I am a lover of the book 'As A Man Thinketh' by James Allen. One of the key things that is spoken of is that what we think we become. Now when I say "think" I am talking about thoughts that we dwell on or ponder rather than just something our mind is briefly processing.

In the first example you want to beat up someone that is bullying you. This is natural, but is it 'good'? The answer to that may depend on the situation, circumstance and so forth, but more importantly is your frame of mind that leads up to the answer.

As a short example, you may choose to beat the person up and accidentally kill him. After you may have more regret than before about the whole affair. So, was it good to have that thought?

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2007 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Things Bad To Okay Is

Thinking is an active process. I believe it is something that you do, rather then just a passive activity that has no affect on outward actions.

I believe thinking bad thoughts will ultimately lead to undesired outcomes. Those bad outcomes will not always be immediate or necessarily noticable.

What bad thinking does is it slowly inches you to bad actions. The violent person does not injure another without thinking about the action first. A man does not cheat on his wife unless his mind has wandered first.

So the question,
Is It Okay To Think Bad Things?

It is okay if one does not mind the possible outward negative consequences of bad thinking.

Rather off topic, but...

Also, the kind person must have had some good thoughts that led him or her to kind actions.

7th Aug, 2007 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Is It Okay To Think Bad Things? Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (Dbackers)
It is okay if one does not mind the possible outward negative consequences of bad thinking.

However, if the person does not mind, does that still mean it is okay?

7th Aug, 2007 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Things Bad To Okay Is

However, if the person does not mind, does that still mean it is okay

Good question.

Probably not to society or the poor guy he takes his bad thoughts out on. But in the realm of feelings, a sociopath (a person... who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.) is "okay" with his decisions regardless of how they affect another.

Personally I do not think it is okay to think "bad" thoughts continually as they tend to lead to "bad" actions.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 7th Aug, 2007 - 2:34am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Is It Okay To Think Bad Things?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,