Bush Condemns New York Times?

Bush Condemns York Times - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jul, 2006 - 10:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Do you agree or disagree?
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2006 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

BUSH JOINS IN CONDEMNING N.Y. TIMES

U.S. President George W. Bush has joined the chairman of the House homeland security committee in denouncing the New York Times for publishing a story last week about a secret financial-monitoring program used to trace alleged terrorists.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...york-times.html

Sponsored Links:
28th Jun, 2006 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Times York Condemns Bush

I absolutely do agree.

This is the third time that these traitors at the NYT have deliberately sabotaged the efforts of the United States to fight the war against the terrorists. They have a VERY little bit of justification in the first two times, as they thought that the actions they uncovered might be illegal, but still, they are human, and are turning against the country where they live to do this.

This third time, they don't even have that very slight justification. They admitted, in the article, that what the US was doing was completely legal. No, they just wanted to try to earn a Pulitzer, at the price of removing a very effective weapon in the search for international terrorists.

The NYT should be razed to the ground, and all the editors thrown into prison for at least 20 years for this act of treason.

In my opinion.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2006 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bush Condemns New York Times? History & Civil Business Politics

Why are people upset about the newspaper reporting about the government secretly spying on us? The secret financial operations are not just on terrorist they know of and suspect, but are also random to make sure people are on the up and up. I am sorry you think that its traitorous for the media to report whats really going on, but I tend to consider a government that spys on me with out just cause to "keep me safe" to be an act of treason! They aren't traitors, the government is.

Please, I cannot take any more of these secret programs that are beholden to no laws! They can tap my phone, search my house, check my financials, all under the guise of being a terrorist. Of course you don't realize that the patriot act broadly defines domestic terrorism as anyone who commits any type of crime. Congratulations, your parking ticket just got you the right by the government to have your phones tapped, your mail searched, your house searched, and your financial records search! When is america going to wake up! The media is giving us the future of your government and we call them traitors for it? Perhaps maybe after all thats happened, terrorist groups haven't figured out the US will doing anything, legal or not to find them. No, this isn't news to them, its news to us, the american people. We are the only ones who didn't know it. Thank you New York Times for actually doing what the media was supposed to do, keep the government beholden to the people!

28th Jun, 2006 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Times York Condemns Bush

Tapping of overseas telephone conversations has been going on for decades by the NSA. The New York Times knew that before they ever wrote a word. It started during the Cold War. There are specific, and extremely strict rules about what can and cannot be done with the information.

For example, the technicians listening to the conversations cannot divulge ANYTHING that they hear, except for the specific things covered by the regulations. So, if they heard specific details about a planned bank robbery, if they even told their supervisor about it, they would spend a long time making little rocks out of big rocks in northeastern Kansas (Ft. Leavenworth). If they heard about a white slavery ring, they couldn't discuss it with anyone at all. Only if they found specific information about espionage or terrorist activity could they act in any way.

The phone conversations that they were listening in on were ONLY those that were international, and it was limited.

The second program, where the NSA was collecting records of all phone calls. Now it is interesting that so many people are worried about it. It is far less intrusive and dangerous than the credit card activity records that the credit reporting agencies keep. All it was/is is a record of what phone calls were made to what numbers. Again, it wasn't George W. Bush who started it. But it was a very strong, positive weapon. When a certain phone number was identified as being linked to terrorism, then those records could be searched to find out possible terrorist links.

The third program, the one that is really damaging to national security, is a program that was demanded BY the NYT several years ago, as a means of crippling the financial operations of the terrorist organizations. It was a multi-national effort, and had great success in the fight against terror. The NYT admitted that it was not illegal in any way, that it was effective, and that it was working. Yet by publishing the details about it, they have nullified it.

Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

The NYT, by its deliberate actions nullifying strong anti-terrorist programs has committed treason by consciously and purposely acting to aid the enemies of the US. They have offered aid and comfort to our enemies. They have damaged the national security of the United States. They have assisted the animals who go around kidnapping innocent civilians, including journalists, and sawing off their heads on video. They have assisted the cowards, and attempted (with some success) to harm the innocent civilians of Iraq who have voted and are establishing a national government.

This last program is just the icing on the cake. They did it not because of any sort of ideals, but only to try to sell more papers. They have lost over 20% of their readership over the last few years, and are grasping at straws trying to make people think that they are really relevant. But they aren't, and they know it. They have become a completely political organ of the political left, and are so filled with hatred of GWB that they are willing to compromise any of their tattered integrity to try to embarrass and destroy him.

I am interested in your apparent hatred for the USA PATRIOT ACT. Do you know of a single instance where it has been used incorrectly? I hear a lot of complaints about it, but not even the NYT has, as far as I know, been able to find anyone who has been unjustly accused or investigated as a result of it.

Now, I would have been happy to see its extension fail. But I think we need to carefully go through it and implement some of its capabilities as permanent law.

So, I agree completely with President Bush on this subject. I only disagree with him in how hard he came down on them. He is far too soft, in my opinion. The editors who approved that story should be under a full investigation, and facing life in prison for what they did.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2006 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Times York Condemns Bush

First off, it really doesn't matter if it has been mis-used yet but rather is it written in a way that allows it, and the answer is yes. But if you watch independent media you know that there are five muslim american citizens with foreign origins that were held under the Patriot Act were held with no charge for two years and only recently release. The names slip my memory now. They were married with children to american women, born and raised.

But that is not the worst thing you should be worried about. If you cannot read the Patriot Act for yourself especially section 13b which puts united states citizens under "domestic terrorist" then allows them to be prosecuted and held under the same terms as a real terrorist. But then, the definition of "domestic terrorist" is much lighter than an international terrorist. If you think that the government should be allowed to treat its citizens the same way as international terrorists for doing much less than something is seriously wrong. The problem is people like the Patriot Act with out ever reading. Then read the newest part of the Patriot Act they past, Patriot Act 2, then read Victory Act 1 and 2. These laws allow and begin the systematic dismantling of our civil liberties. First by things you can't quite say why you don't like it like phone tapping, then it will be obvious things taken away.

Its a shame that a paper finally reports the right thing then they are demonized and villianized. They aren't the traitors in this situation. The government secret checking our finances is a serious event that we need to be told about. They aren't traitors, they are hero's. What bothers me is that you don't even see the potential problems that allowing the government to work in secret outside the set laws. Phone tapping already has laws in place to get a tap, why does it have to be in secret and outside of those laws that PROTECT us from the government abuse? You essentially like Bush so you can justify what is being done. Now put these actions in the lap of Clinton and tell me you would be completely OK with this. All the government secrets that involve the american people are not ok and are not necessary. I do not want to have my freedom enforced at the cost of civil liberties and that is the direction we are going, and that is why the papers have to publish this kind of information.

30th Jun, 2006 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Since TWO of those programs were in force under Clinton, I guess that my feelings would be pretty much the same. Clinton didn't have ANY excuse. The Cold War was over, and the war against terrorists hadn't begun.

The financial program was/is completely legal. Credit card companies keep more detailed information than the international financial surveillance program.

I can ALMOST agree about the international phone call tapping, if it hadn't been in use by John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, and everyone else since that time. It has been well published, but not well publicized, until the traitors decided that they would rather support the terrorists than the fight against the terrorists.

The next program with phone calls, which is the massive collection of where calls were made, without any context of what the calls were about, is far less worrisome to me. It was designed so that when a terrorist's phone number was identified, it would be possible to find patterns of calls to and from that phone. What was illegal about that?

Now, I will agree that the USA PATRIOT ACT is overblown, and needs to be carefully reviewed, with sections nullified. But it certainly is not the bogeyman that the Left have tried to make it out to be. As far as I am concerned, it is less an attack on my liberty than the horrendous taxation or attacks on gun ownership that come from the Left. And, remember that most of the Democrat Congressmen voted for it.

I will also agree that the USA PATRIOT ACT needed a lot more discussion, and voting on specific sections.

But the point is, the New York Times is deliberately damaging the security of the United States. There was no moral reason to report on the financial surveillance program. With the other two programs, they had a very slight justification. With this one it was ONLY their anti-Bush attitude. Actually, they DEMANDED it a few years ago. So, again, they only reason that they had for exposing it was to try to hurt Bush, and provide aid and comfort to the enemy. They certainly weren't trying to help our country in any way.

Under any previous war president, the NYT would be completely destroyed by now. Lincoln didn't hesitate to put anti-war activists in prison. FDR didn't hesitate to do so either. When "journalists" expose top secret war activities, that is, pure and simple, treason. It isn't heroism.

Some people thought that the invasion of Normandy was wrong. Would they have not been traitors if they had published the date of the invasion three days before D-Day? It is the same thing.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 30th Jun, 2006 - 12:50am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jul, 2006 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Bush Condemns York Times

Here is an excellent column about how the New York Times is setting itself up for a huge fall.

https://americandigest.org/mt-archives/006418.php
American Digest
"If It Feels Good, Do It"

Over the past few years the Times has become increasingly perverse when faced with the large issues of national security, real freedom from fear, and the need in historic terms for the United States, whatever its imperfections, to prevail and to dominate the world during this last long passage to a free world entire and whole. I've read just about every single explanation given for its increasingly extreme behavior. I have found none of them particularly compelling. None seem to explain what can be going on at the heart of the Times. All we can see is that that heart grows progressively darker as the months unfold.

While the ancient oath doctors take begins "First do no harm," it is increasingly clear that the parallel oath at the Times must be, "First do harm." In the end, this can be the only possible conclusion when one examines the unremitting effort on the part of this institution to undo and to obstruct every government initiative to secure the nation at home, advance its interests and influence abroad, and move -- as part of a policy to secure the safety and influence -- millions of previously enslaved people into freedom. By any human measure, the actions of Keller and Pinch, as the driving forces behind the Times, have to be seen as compulsively in opposition to security, influence and freedom. And in this element of compulsion lies the clue to their innate perversion.

And if said pervert can find, in a deliberate misreading of the Constitution, some phrase he can twist to assert his perversion is a freedom given by the founders, not to the people, but to him and him alone, he will become invulnerable to pleas of reason, of balance, of fairness, and of the good of the nation. No nation is more important to him than his continued unfettered freedom to practice his perversion at will without any hindrance. This is especially true when the perversion is packed with real power, and truer still if the exercise of the perversion actually diminishes that power. The perverts goal is not the "rescue" of some fantasy nation, nor the "restoration" of some happy 9/10 world, or of success or of profit. His goal is always the frisson.

And this is why I expect nothing in the way of amended behavior or a return to decency on the part of The New York Times. Once people are in the grip of their chosen perversion, there is no decency in them. Don't expect, ever, that the Times under Keller and Pinch will suddenly revert to decency. You will never hear the words "Sorry" or "We were wrong" coming out of their softly furnished offices high in the Times building. The most you will hear is, if you are very quiet, some shared heavy breathing just before the man and the boy-man do it again. And they will do it again. As soon as possible.

As the poet says, "Once a bear is hooked on garbage, there's no cure."

The author at American Digest is an incredible wordsmith, possibly without par anywhere in the world. He puts all my thoughts and feelings into prose that gets right to the point, and makes that point magnificently.

Please read the whole article.

5th Jul, 2006 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Bush Condemns York Times Politics Business Civil & History

An excellent question has come up.

Is the New York Times deliberately harming National Security programs in an attempt to get charged? Are they trying to place themselves as the only news source big enough (and ugly enough) to fight government "corruption"? If so, are they doing it to drive up subscriptions? After all, they have lost over 20% of their subscriptions over the last 5 - 10 years.

Read this:
https://theanchoressonline.com/2006/06/23/n...-to-be-charged/

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bush Condemns New York Times?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,