How Wrong Can You Be?

How Wrong Be - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2006 - 9:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Doctor makes terrible blunder...
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2006 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

How Wrong Can You Be?

DOCTOR 'OVERLOOKED' GIANT CYST

A doctor overlooked a patient's 14.7kg abdominal cyst, instead telling her she was overweight and prescribing weight-loss pills, a medical complaints tribunal has been told.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3715357a11~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
1st Jul, 2006 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Be You Wrong How

The doctor is certainly incompetent, but in my opinion the patient should have looked for a second opinion.

"In January, February and April I visited (the doctor) for other reasons but I mentioned my stomach each visit. I told him the movement felt like strange worm-like wriggling pushing up inside me," she testified.
The woman was in severe pain and she had these strange symptoms, she couldn't eat much, yet she didn't know it wasn't from being overweight? It's too bad some people will accept anything a doctor tells them.

2nd Jul, 2006 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

How Wrong Can You Be? Health & Special Psychology

It seems that a simple abdominal examination would have revealed to this doctor that the woman was not overweight. Did he never even examine her stomach? And how could this woman just accept the idea that she was overweight, when the mass was "flopping" around like she described? What a crazy situation.

2nd Jul, 2006 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Be You Wrong How

I cannot believe she could be so "naive". If you are having certain symptoms and you are not satisfied with what the doctor tells you and plus, you are in pain, you should seek for a second opinion. I can't believe this woman actually did what the doctor told her. Scary.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2006 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

How Wrong Can You Be?
A Friend

Be You Wrong How

I agree, the doctor was completely wrong and incompetent, but you have to know your own body better than that. You know whats fat and whats not, she needed to go to get another opinion. She should be compensated, but she needs to take some responsibility and use some common sense.

2nd Jul, 2006 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

How Wrong Can You Be?

For those who may be wondering if you can see a difference just by looking... there was a woman who came to our Church with the same problem. She looked like she was putting on weight, then it looked like she was pregnant and it was only until she was professionally diagnosed did she find out that it was an enormous growth. So in truth and in fact you can be fooled into thinking it is a matter of weight gain just by looking, especially if the person already has some extra body fat. Of course in this case the doctor should be doing more than just looking.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: How Wrong Can You Be?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,