Cpu Temperature

Cpu Temperature - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2006 - 12:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2006 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature

CPU Temperature

How do I know if my computer is too hot, what is the right temperature?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature
A Friend

Temperature Cpu

Having a major motherboard/cpu break down recently due to heat, I can give good advice for this. You do not want your PC CPU to get above 70 C. Now it will often when doing processor intensive tasks, but you don't want this for prolonged periods of time. Of course, each CPU has its own temp gauge and you need to read its manual to be positive of its redline and optimum temps. For Celeron -D's, they idle around 44C and go red around 70C and stop at 93C, that is, break down and die.

21st Jul, 2006 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature Gaming Video & Issues Computer

70 is a lot to me. I regularly check my CPU monitor and it averages around 48C and nothing more. I am using an AMD 2200. That temperature is with a heat sink, CPU fan and an extra fan pulling hot air out of the machine. I was thinking of getting an extra fan to pull in external air faster, but I was not sure if it would make a difference.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 8:08am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature
A Friend

Temperature Cpu

Mine idles between 42 and 48C but when I encode movies my cpu temp hovers around 70C which right at the redline for acceptable limits. I have a new cpu heat sink and fan coming because mine is old, so it may be better after that. But you are right, you don't want it at 70C all the time, most things shouldn't bring it above 50C, which mine doesn't.

21st Jul, 2006 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Temperature Cpu

I saw you mention celeron, is that the processor you are using? I wonder if having dual core processors lessens the heat for each individual CPU or do they take on tasks the same for a particular moment? If so, then that means a machine can be twice as hot.

22nd Jul, 2006 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature

How can you even tell how hot it gets? Software utility? We have had 100F+ weather for the past month, and I worry about my system - the box is actually hot to the touch.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2006 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature
A Friend

Cpu Temperature

Usually there is software for the motherboard that allows you to monitor your CPU temperature and case temperature. Mine was on the driver/software disc for my motherboard.

JB, something else I just realized, I forgot to put the cooling gel between the CPU and the heat sink. I think that is causing higher temperatures for my processor when it processes.

22nd Jul, 2006 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Cpu Temperature Computer Issues & Video Gaming

FarSeer, older systems do not have a hardware temperature gauge, however, if your machine does it will be available first through the bios (but be careful what you do there). To access this start your machine and keep pressing the F8 key until you get a screen with options.

Konquererz, its time to get the gel out before it get's too hot! (yikes that sounds like something out of an adult ad).

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cpu Temperature

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,