Omnipotence

Omnipotence - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Aug, 2006 - 4:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2006 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Omnipotence
A Friend

Omnipotence

Omnipotence

Hear me
I speak, though I may use no words
I sing to your heart in silence and mist
Every movement of the wind through the leaves
Screams to you - Hear me

In every look, every sunny morning
Even in the clouded day I call your name
Whispering with the stillness of a pond, look at me
See my lips in the caress of warm raindrops on skin
Feel my heart beating in the wings of a thousand birds
Hear me

I call to you, in unremembered dreams
In forgotten happy moments
The sunset gone unnoticed
The butterfly that crossed your window
The infant's laugh - all cry out to you
As I wait for you to simply - Hear me

© 2006 - Christiane M. Dopwell

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2006 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Omnipotence
A Friend

Omnipotence

While not much of a spiritual person any more, I can relate to your feelings in the poem. The emotion you put into the "thoughts" or "feelings" of god is very strong and passionate. I love the verbiage and the descriptive words used, its excellent in form and function. Great job!

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2006 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Omnipotence
A Friend

Omnipotence UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Actually, you might note that I didn't use the word, 'God' once.

What I really was thinking while I wrote this, is if I were omnipotent and could control every element of nature around me, how far I'd go, trying to get a distant or ambivalent loved one to pay attention, while still allowing them the freedom to choose me of their own free will.

Okay, God is usually attributed with omnipotence... and I obviously don't have that power - but if I can point out the beauty of nature to someone who maybe doesn't stop to notice it, perhaps by association they'd take notice of me, as well? It's not as 'religious' as you might think!

It's fun though, allowing people to come to their own conclusions or interpretations of my work... which is really the point of any art, isn't it?

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2006 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Omnipotence
A Friend

Omnipotence

I guess I never realized that god wasn't even mentioned once, I put that in there myself via my imagination. That makes this poem even better than before since you where able to create a work of art that inspired my mind to create its own painting and surrounds.

> TOPIC: Omnipotence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,