Liberty Quotes

Liberty Quotes - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th May, 2009 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Aug, 2006 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Liberty Quotes

I wanted a place to place a few quotes concerning liberty. I get daily quotes, and sometimes they are just so good that I want to share them. Discussion is encouraged. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ayn Rand @ Atlas Shrugged)
Do you think that we want those laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power the government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Now I begin to understand why so many conflicting laws are on the books.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 18th Aug, 2006 - 1:12pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2006 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Liberty Quotes
A Friend

Quotes Liberty

Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.

- John Adams

I think this is one that plagues us so often in the modern era.

Post Date: 18th May, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Liberty Quotes History & Civil Business Politics

"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people" - John Adams - Second President - 1797 - 1801

> TOPIC: Liberty Quotes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,