Preschool Alternative

Preschool Alternative - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th Aug, 2006 - 1:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Let the parents teach them home. Will it work? Can it work?
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2006 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Preschool Alternative

PRESCHOOL ALTERNATIVE PROPOSED

A Utah senator has an answer for the national push for public preschool: Pay instead to keep early childhood education in the hands of parents, and give them the know-how to do it well.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2006 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Preschool Alternative
A Friend

Alternative Preschool

I don't know that big deal with pre-school. I have taught my kids the early basics without preschool assistance. I get them around other kids at parks and community events so they know how to interact socially and when my first child went into kindergarten, he did great. I expect my second child to be the same when he is in kindergarten next year. There are a list of things schools want your kids to know before kindergarten that pre-schools supposedly teach, that we did just fine on our own.

1. Say ABC's
2. Know their full name
3. Know their phone number
4. Know their address
5. Know their parents full names

There are other misc things they tested on like spelling your name which we taught him as well. You know what the basics are, its elementary, teach it to your kid. I believe that a parent is the greatests teacher, your child will learn more from you in life than anyone besides his own experience.

28th Aug, 2006 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Preschool Alternative UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Why is this some new and delightful idea? Families taught their own children for centuries, why do we have such a difficult time with it in this century?

The home is where children *should* learn the basics of language, reading, math, and common sense. The problem lies in the fact that a lot of "new age" parents aren't giving them even that. As an example, one of my neighbors has a granddaughter who comes to visit often. She's six years old, and can't even read her own name. At that age, she should be able to read much more than that!

This preschool issue is just another way for the government to take control of our kids at a younger age, indoctrinate them into behaviors and beliefs that are dictated by the government.

In my opinion, parents need to take on more responsiblity for their own children and their children's education. But it seems the past 40 years has seen a major decline in that responsibility, rather than an increase.

Roz

28th Aug, 2006 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Alternative Preschool

Why is this some new and delightful idea?

I believe it is promoted as though it is 'new'. but I believe the real new part is getting the government to actually acknowledge that parents can teach their children from home or in other words, the government is trusting the parents to do the job for a change. Do I hear votes? Maybe an allocation of money somewhere? Maybe someone saves / gains?

> TOPIC: Preschool Alternative

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,