Released As A Seventy

Released Seventy - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Oct, 2006 - 5:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Oct, 2006 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Released As A Seventy

SECOND QUORUM OF THE SEVENTY RELEASES

See https://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650195360,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - Eight members of the Second Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were released from their service during the Saturday afternoon session of the Church's 176th Semiannual General Conference. Members of the Seventy are responsible for administering the work of the Church throughout the world under the direction of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve.

As I read the above one of the thoughts that came to me was what it might have felt like to be released from such a engrossing calling. I imagine it must be much like how it is to serve a full-time mission and then suddenly 'time is up' and you are on your way home. Of course the way one handles it depends on how they view callings in the first place.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Oct, 2006 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Seventy As Released

Yes, JB. I believe it must feel "pretty" strange to be released in those type of callings. Also the person who baptized you, Dale Miller was also released as a Seventy.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2006 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Released As A Seventy
A Friend

Released As A Seventy Studies Doctrine Mormon

By the way, does anyone know the specific "term" for a seventy if there is one, and if it differs for which quorum of the seventy? Since the 1st and 2nd quorums of seventy are considered General Authorities, or 4th and 5th in command, (sort of), do they get released ever?

27th Oct, 2006 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Seventy As Released

By the way, does anyone know the specific "term" for a seventy if there is one

The term is indeed "Seventy", is one of the offices in the Melchizedek priesthood.

and if it differs for which quorum of the seventy?

Yes, the seventies from the first quorum serve until age 70, then they are given emeritus status, the second quorum instead serve for a period of three to five years. All of them are considered General Authorities.

or 4th and 5th in command, (sort of), do they get released ever?

Yes, they do. They are not consider General Authorities but "Area Authority Seventies" they serve for a period of time in the area in which they live.

Hope it helps,
LDS

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2006 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Released As A Seventy
A Friend

Seventy As Released

Yes that helps a lot, thanks. And what I meant by "term" was the period of time that they serve, but you answered that anyways so thanks. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Released As A Seventy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,