Counsel From A Prophet

Counsel Prophet - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Oct, 2006 - 11:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2006 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Counsel From A Prophet

Counsel from a Prophet

"Sometimes we will receive counsel that we cannot understand or that seems not to apply to us, even after careful prayer and thought. Don't discard the counsel, but hold it close. If someone you trusted handed you what appeared to be nothing more than sand with the promise that it contained gold, you might wisely hold it in your hand awhile, shaking it gently. Every time I have done that with counsel from a prophet, after a time the gold flakes have begun to appear and I have been grateful. We are blessed to live in a time when the priesthood keys are on the earth. We are blessed to know where to look and how to listen for the voice that will fulfill the promise of the Lord that He will gather us to safety. I pray for you and for me that we will have humble hearts, that we will listen, that we will pray, that we will wait for the deliverance of the Lord which is sure to come as we are faithful."

-- Henry B. Eyring, "Finding Safety in Counsel," Ensign, May 1997, 24

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2006 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

Prophet From Counsel

Yes, this is very wise counsel. This is the reason we are asked to read the scriptures and the conference talks over and over. Our lives and needs are ever changing and the revelation, comfort, and counsel that we derive from these sources can meet our needs in different ways each time we read them.

> TOPIC: Counsel From A Prophet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,