How Do I Know If My Teen Is Using Drugs?

How Teen Drugs - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Jun, 2008 - 10:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

How can one know if their teenager is using drugs or not without a blood test?

Sponsored Links:
5th Jun, 2008 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

Drugs Using Teen My Know I How

Aside from asking directly and hoping for an honest answer you can watch for changes in their routines and personality. Has your teen picked up an "attitude" that is uncharactaristic? Have grades slipped? More moody than normal? Has your teen become isolative? Has your teen become more "secretive?" Have things or $$ turned up missing? Is there lying going on? The signs are usually there in front of you. Unfortunately as parents we are often too close to the situation to see them or at least to open our eyes and look. What about the friends? If your teen is hanging with drug users you can pretty much bet that your teen is using.
Then there are the physical signs. Odors. Glazed eyes, red eyes. Slurred speech. Sleeping more than normal. Or staying up all night.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2008 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Do I Know If My Teen Is Using Drugs? Health & Special Psychology

Keeping a close eye on your teen and who they are hanging out with is a good way to see if they are using. If the suddenly are not friends with people they have hung out a lot with is a good way to tell. Talking to them about drugs, smoking and alcohol all the time will help. Know where you teens hang out is a good thing as you can learn if that is a drug area or not from local police.

The biggest way to tell or not is to learn the signs of drug use. Use these as a way to gauge. If you see the signs talk to your teen and find out if they are using. If you feel they are not being truthful you can search their room or invite a drug dog to come in to see if they hit on anything. This can be used as a training tool for the dog. smile.gif

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2008 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Drugs Using Teen My Know I How

Name: BillW

Comments: 1) Change in friends, especially if there's a resistance to bringing new friends around

2) Loss of interest in sports or hobbies that were previously significant in teen's life

3) Excessive sneaking around, making up trivial reasons to frequently leave house

These are warning signs, not evidence, but looking back at my teen years these are the things that might have warned my parents.

> TOPIC: How Do I Know If My Teen Is Using Drugs?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,