Open Mindedness

Open Mindedness - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 8:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Sep, 2006 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness

As we all know, there are some people more "open-minded" than others. Is it something we are born with or acquire?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2006 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness
A Friend

Mindedness Open

I think that open mindness is more of something you aquire, I come from a family of 10 kids, and I would say that I'm the most open minded person in the family.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2006 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness
A Friend

Open Mindedness Health & Special Psychology

Most definitely, being open-minded is acquired. Someone can be a zealous bigot but when they realize they are wrong change their mind and are more caring, thoughtful, respectful and open-minded.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2006 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness
A Friend

Mindedness Open

Let's continue the drumbeat: Open-mindness has to be acquired.

Open-mindness almost always comes when you live in a multifarious, ecletic neighborhood, simply because to mantain a good life in such a neighborhood, open-mindness is pretty much mandatory.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness
A Friend

Mindedness Open

Open-mindedness has to be acquired. There are things that our families teach us to believe, but at some point in our lives, we have the opportunity to often learn more about the subject or have our own experiences, which in turn, give us our own individual ideas about it. This is open-mindedness and it is most definitely acquired. The lack of open-mindedness is not always a bad thing, it may simply be the lack of knowledge on the subject.

3rd Oct, 2006 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Open Mindedness

I'm gonna buck the trend here, laugh.gif. I do that a lot. Not to do it, but because my beliefs are often different that most folks.

This has always been a fascinating topic to me, since change is one of the constants in everyone's lives and to accept change, we have to be somewhat open minded. I believe that some people are born more open to change and more open minded than other people. I think that open mindedness is balanced by fear and insecurity. The more fear and insecurity a person has, the less open minded they are. If they have less insecurity and fear, they are more open minded and more open to change. Think of it as balancing scales or a very slow teeter-totter.

The point about experience is important also, and it does have an influence, but even there people who are more secure and less fearful will be willing to accept new and different easier.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Open Mindedness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,