Passion

Passion - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 11:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2006 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Passion

Passion

View the attached picture below and see if you agree.

Image owner embedded

Passion
Passion (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2006 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Passion

This is actually somewhat true. Not everyone is going to have the necessary skills to accomplish something. However, if one has a real passion for what they are doing, then the tangible skills they lack may not be that much of a hindrance to their worth on a project. Passion for the business is always welcomed by most employers and project managers.

10th Jun, 2006 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Passion Health & Special Psychology

I agree this is true to a degree. Though skill is important, it's the passion that will make a good athlete great. Also, it takes passion first, and then the development of the skill will come more easily.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2006 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Passion
A Friend

Passion

I disagree that passion can substitute tangible skills. But rather that tangible skills can be less effective without passion. Passion gives a boost to nearly everything in life but cannot be used as a replacement in my opinion.

One can be very passionate about politics or religion, but without knowledge of the subject, they are just talking to the wind. Passion must be accompanied by knowledge, or desire to aquire knowledge. This creates an environment of power around the person psychologically that allows someone to push further than most people normally would.

13th Jun, 2006 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Passion

As konquererz said, I do not believe Passion can substitute tangible skills. I think is necessary a balance of both: skills and passion. Most of the time, when you have some skills but you are not the greatest and have a great amount of passion then probably you will have success in whatever thing you was doing. Like they said: Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

3rd Oct, 2006 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Passion

I agree with Konquerz and LDS. It takes both. I have a niece who loved riding and was competing english style in shows. She was a very good rider and had the passion for it as well. I contributed a decent sum every month towards her horse's board and her lessons because she had the combination of skill and passion. She had a series of unfortunate setbacks and doesn't ride anymore.

In retrospect, I would still contribute that amount to her. To a niece or nephew without the skill, I would give a token amount because I love them and they are interested, but not the large amount of money each month.

And because LDS will ask, If I had more, than one with skill and passion? I'd add a little more and split it. I am definitely not made of money, laugh.gif!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Passion
A Friend

Passion

It is sad but true that no amount of passion can replace tangible skills. I have a love and a true passion for music, but I definitely lack the skill both vocally and instrumentally. Therefore, I should never think of going into a career that is based in music. I admire those people who do have the skill and the passion for anything that they do.

3rd Oct, 2006 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Passion Psychology Special & Health

I believe a person with a lot of skill and no passion will not get very far because he does not care for it but an unskilled person he has an immense passion for that skill will eventually surpass the more skilled one. People with passion for something will do anything to get to be the best at what they are passionate for and therefor I believe the poster to be true but only to an extent.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Passion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,