Breathalyzer Accuracy

Breathalyzer Accuracy - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Jan, 2009 - 9:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2006 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Breathalyzer Accuracy

Breathalyzer Accuracy

Do you think Breathalyzers are really accurate in determining your blood alcohol level?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2006 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Breathalyzer Accuracy
A Friend

Accuracy Breathalyzer

They are regularly calibrated to ensure accuracy. I am in a Chemical Dependency class, and today we had a guest speaker come in who works for the D.U.I. department and he was explaining to me how they ensure the accurace of the breathalyzer devices. They are sent a bottle of, believe it or not, drunken breath in a can that is at a certain point level. The person releases the breath into the machine like a normal person would breathe into it, and they adjust it using a screw-type feature until it matches what the can says it should be. They do it several times to make sure it gives them the accurate level.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2009 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Breathalyzer Accuracy Health & Special Psychology

Name: Nka

Comments: Consider your source mate. I don't believe that a person that came into your class, whose job it is to catch people with DUI's is going to come in and tell you that the predominant method used by the police is faulty

9th Jan, 2009 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Accuracy Breathalyzer

Nka really then think of this are they going to use a method that is challenged by the courts that is faulty? Let us give some credit where it is due.

The method is not 100% but is is a very close indicator on blood alcohol level that can only be topped by blood samples. I am sure if you took them to court they would be quick enough to show method of calibration and a long list of calibration dates.

If you are pulled over and think you might blow over and know in one hour you will be fine tell them you are asthmatic and desire the blood test by then you will test under. Might cost you an impound charge but no DWI charge is worth it. Better yet don't drink!

> TOPIC: Breathalyzer Accuracy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,