Why They Abuse Substances - Page 2 of 2

For me I believe that the word which sums - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Feb, 2007 - 5:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2007 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Why They Abuse Substances - Page 2

QUOTE (Paindruid)
In other words... It makes them feel good.

What is up with this guy? Is he some kind of drug pusher or something? Isn't this the Substance Abuse Board?

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2007 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Why They Abuse Substances
A Friend

Substances Abuse Why

Ok, so different people abuse drugs for different reasons. Some do it because they feel it will bring them acceptance among a certain group, some do it to cover up their low self esteem, but I think it all does stem from wanting to "feel" better. I do not think that all of them necessarily do it with the attitude of "Oh, I want to abuse this drug," but get those cravings and then become tolerant and need more of it. Some people knowingly abuse a drug to make them feel better.

Rather off topic, but...
What is up with this guy? Is he some kind of drug pusher or something? Isn't this the Substance Abuse Board?

Or maybe he's speaking from personal experience, and life experience has taught him his perspective to be true.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2007 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Why They Abuse Substances Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (BabyBlues)
...Or maybe he's speaking from personal experience

Honey, you mention it once and it is noted... you keep mentioning it "feels good" like this guy did post after post (now deleted thank goodness) and you are a drug pusher as far as I am concerned. A girl like me can't afford my rep to be tarnished. It's like... you don't go in an AA meeting saying how much alcohol "feels good" now do you?

28th Feb, 2007 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Substances Abuse Why

For me I believe that the word which sums up why they abuse drugs is 'ESCAPE'. Most times, no matter what excuse is given you can always guarantee that the drug user needs to ESCAPE from something. Sometimes they will claim it is an escape from reality, escape from fear, from bills, from a nagging wife, from work, from whatever is bothering them, but in the end it is still an escape - a quick fix for what is usually a long term problem.

+  1 2 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Why They Abuse Substances

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,