Lisp Or Stutter

Lisp Stutter - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Lisp Or Stutter

Lisp or Stutter

Do you have a very noticeable Lisp or Stutter? How does it affect you during your daily activities where you have to communicate with others?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Lisp Or Stutter
A Friend

Stutter Lisp

I have a lisp, on the letter "r" where it comes out with a slight "w" sound. I never believed it for most of my life, because my mom and siblings have the same lisp it was normal, to me. It was only when I was in my early 20's and first heard my voice recorded for a project, that I understood what friends were laughing at all those years smile.gif

It didn't affect me much, I think because I didn't notice it and ignored remarks throughout my younger life. When I did notice it, I was shocked and didn't want to speak publicly for a long time, but for one thing, I realized most people think it's "cute" - plus, it's controllable with a bit of work.

I took a "Voice & Speech - for Public Speaking" class, which helped me get it under control, and now I really don't bother with it that much.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Lisp Or Stutter
A Friend

Lisp Or Stutter Health & Special Psychology

When I did notice it, I was shocked and didn't want to speak publicly for a long time, but for one thing, I realized most people think it's "cute" -

You have no reason to worry at all. One of my very close friends has a stuttering problem. I guess he stutters a bit more when he's excited about something. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. A bit of control, as you mentioned, is all that is needed.

And, I'm speaking for majority of the people out there, everyone is supportive of a person who is facing any such problem. I doubt anyone would laugh at you.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Lisp Or Stutter
A Friend

Stutter Lisp

I 'used' to stutter often. It did not matter if I was nervous, excited, or calm, I still stuttered. I went on the internet to try and solve my problem and there was a tip that has helped me ever since. The tip states that you should think before you talk. It was easy enough. Now, I always think the words out in my mind before I say them out loud. There are some times when I stutter, but definently not as often as I did before.

> TOPIC: Lisp Or Stutter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,