Is Damage From Smoking Reversible?

Is Damage Smoking Reversible - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Jan, 2014 - 1:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2006 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Is Damage from Smoking Reversible?

Do you think that Damage from Smoking is Reversible? If so, in which way, psychological, physical, social, emotional, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Reversible Smoking Damage Is

Physically, I have been told by my doctor that you can smoke until your thirty, and if you don't already have cancer, then the damage is reversible, the body will heal itself. Not that one should take the chance, but I hope its true.

8th Feb, 2006 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Is Damage From Smoking Reversible? Health & Special Psychology

As for the physical aspects, I can't say for certain, but most people who smoke won't quit by 30. Addiction is a terrible thing, and once addicted most people can't stop, no matter what damage smoking may cause, so I would say from a psychological aspect, no it is not reversible

1st Mar, 2006 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

The body is a miraculous machine, and can heal itself of almost anything with the proper mental and spiritual energy. However, the side effects of smoking that we usually don't consider are sometimes the most irreversible.

1. Smoking a cigarette takes about 7 minutes. Even if a person only smokes two cigarettes per day, over a 20-year period, that's more than 70 days of smoking time. Heavier smokers who use, say, 10 cigarettes per day would spend over 354 days in smoking time over 20 years. What would you do with an extra year of your life? This is a year without sleeping time, eating time, or anything sles. That time can never be recovered.

2. Smoking is a social cancer. Aside from the obvious environmental impacts of smoking, the habit also fouls the social environment around a person. Smokers tend to hang out with smokers, because non-smokers don't want to smell like them. Smokers in many places are an independent social group. Our peers tend to influence our decisions heavily, even if not consciously. Think of the personal network of a lifelong smoker.

Some things are more than just medical bills.

2nd Mar, 2006 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

As a seasoned smoker, I'm clocking in at around 15 years of smoking and counting,

In my view (not professional) the effects are fully reversable given enough time for the body Mind and spirit to heal, if there are any effects at all.

Offtopic but,
Heavier smokers who use, say, 10 cigarettes per day

The term heavy in the UK refers to 20+ cigarettes a day, where 10 a day is quite a light smoker

My Gradfather smoked from his late teens untill his death at 92, from natural causes. He was not a heavy smoker 10-15 a day, but they were filterless rollups, He was rarely ill, suffered no ill effects from the smoking to my knowledge, and to be fair he had a good inings in his life.

Offtopic but,
My comments here may be quite biased as if you read a topic I posted earlier 'am I a freak of Nature' you will understand that although I smoke and only occationally run around a soccer field I'm a pretty healthy guy with no ill effects from my lifestyle.

would spend over 354 days in smoking time over 20 years. What would you do with an extra year of your life? This is a year without sleeping time, eating time, or anything sles. That time can never be recovered.

This is a view of a non smoker, I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoy smoking, Just like You enjoy discussions here, Now lets say that you spent a smiliar amount of time a day on here posting as I do smoking. To a 'non poster' that would be as much a waste in time as smoking is to you. Wasted time is a personal thing, what is wasted time to you is constructive time to me, and vice versa.

Smokers tend to hang out with smokers, because non-smokers don't want to smell like them

You give the impression here that we are shunned by the majority (non smokers)
And we are social devients, My friend hang around with me because they are my friends, of which an equal amount are smokers to non smokers.

I personally feel that being a smoker has so far had no ill effects on my life, either psychological, physical, social, or emotional, but I dont wear blinkers, and am aware of some of the effects that smoking has on other people in these areas.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2006 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I been smoking for 10 years myself. Like an idiot I started because I thought it was cool I wish I never had now but I guess its to late to drown in sorrows and I could quit. Quit yeah thats funny I bet every smoker in the world has tried to quit sometime in their life. 10 cigarettes a day is NOT a heavy smoker, a heavy smoker smokes between 40 and 60 cigarettes a day. I smoke between 20 and 30 a day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2014 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Is Damage Smoking Reversible

Smoking causes diabetes, colon cancer, new report says

A surgeon general's report expands the death toll and list of diseases caused by smoking Ref. Source 6

> TOPIC: Is Damage From Smoking Reversible?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,