Future Archaeology

Future Archaeology - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Jun, 2007 - 5:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Jun, 2007 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Future Archaeology

Global warming. Inclement weather. Natural disasters. Extinction of animal species. Algal blooms.

Does anyone wonder if we are seeing the heralding of the end of Man?

Have we abused Mother Earth for so long that she's finally given up?

This was the question I hypothesized in writing this poem... but also, as a plea to Mother Earth.... "Hang on there, girl. We need a few more centuries... we need you to give us a little more time before we commit the ultimate betrayal on you; before we have the technology to flee!"

And when we've gone, what of Mother Earth then?

And, in what guise will we return?

FUTURE ARCHAEOLOGY

What will they think of us?
Ancestors of the distant sun,
Ride on your astral winds,
And collide with the nebulous,
Riddle of the ancient ones.
Planet-bound beings;
Locked in matter, and
Locked also in the framework,
Of their physical world.
Structured in dwellings,
(Carbon formations unyeilding)
Keeping them closed.
Hungry for flight, a universal
Longing, unaided by reliance,
For all things material.
A need to be free!

We who gave birth to you,
Reveal our secrets,
In the soil of this place.

It was the only home we knew.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jun, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Archaeology Future

Nice poem though none will be returning to find it I am sure.

Yes I believe we are in the eve of destruction and have been for a long time. WWI as far as I am concerned was the start of the end.

Have no fear for our good mother earth she will shake us like a dog with bad case of the fleas. How will she do is the only question left ,ice cold followed by un-policed mayhem and disease spread like never before is the start I am quite sure. Only one item remains will any be left in the end.

Nuclear waste streaming from every major country. Most of the world frozen and those left throwing all they have to try and keep their little piece of the pie they have. Just imagine North Korea bombing the heck of all around forgetting in the end they too will fall.

Have we passed the point of no return with the damage we have done?

I think no but we do quickly approach it and if no counter push is being made soon the momentum of the damage we have done will carry the motion on its own to our demise.

> TOPIC: Future Archaeology

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,