Temples And Our Bodies...

Temples Bodies - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Oct, 2006 - 2:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What is the right way to explain to a non member the importance of a Temple. His argument against these Holy Places, was the Bible says we are all temples.
I understand the importance of our Temples and love them dearly, but how can I best answer this?
Is it we should take care of our bodies like unto a Temple because the Holy Ghost can only dwell in a clean place, hence our bodies are temples too?

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2006 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Bodies Our Temples

I am a bit unsure of your question. You are asking the best way to explain how the body is a temple of God or are you asking how to explain the need for Temples, like the Salt Lake Temple as a for instance?

27th Oct, 2006 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Temples And Our Bodies... Studies Doctrine Mormon

Superme, I am not quiet sure what you are asking. First you said you want to explain a non-meember the importance of the Temple but then you ask about our bodies being a Temple? Could you elaborate more please? Thanks.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2006 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bodies Our Temples

Sorry it was a bit unclear.
The question is how do I explain the necessity for Temples to some one who believes that we ourselves are the temples and that is sufficient enough.
The question I had asked at the end of my post was an attempt to answer my own question.
My rationalization was in order to have the Holy Ghost as our companion our bodies must be clean, spiritually, just like a Temple.

27th Oct, 2006 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Bodies Our Temples

The question I had asked at the end of my post was an attempt to answer my own question.
My rationalization was in order to have the Holy Ghost as our companion our bodies must be clean, spiritually, just like a Temple.

You are very right but I do not think it will answer the why Temples are important nowdays. The simple explanation I can come up with is to share our beliefs that the Temple is the House of the Lord and in there we make covenenants that we cannot normally do in a chapel due to the sacredness of it, you could share to the person a little bit about sealing for all time and eternity and baptism for the dead. You can also tell her that even though she is right about our bodies being the temples of our spirits, physical temples have been in existence from a very long time just as cited in both the Old and New Testament. Hope it helps.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2006 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks, to the both of you, I'll make sure to explain this to my buddy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Temples And Our Bodies...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,