Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net - Page 2 of 3

I really do not recall this LDS_forever, maybe - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Nov, 2006 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
3rd Nov, 2006 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net - Page 2

You may notice that I did NOT say that it is all right to post these things on the Internet. I just pointed out that the argument that doing so gives more ammo to the adversaries is not strong since the adversaries already HAVE the information on the Internet.

I don't have strong feelings one way or another.

It wasn't so long ago that people were encouraged to talk about the ordinances within their homes, and at church meetings. And that was BEFORE the "penalties" were removed.

But since we aren't "allowed" to discuss them anymore, people don't ever learn much about them. Oh, yes, you can ask the Temple President your questions, but since you never have input from other people to spur you into different areas of consideration, it doesn't do all that much good.

And, as LDS_Forever has seen, even Mission Presidents and Temple Presidents don't have the answers, since THEY have been forbidden to seek things out.

At the same time, I don't want people mocking the ordinances either. But then I don't want the ordinances changed either. I'm just funny that way.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2006 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net
A Friend

Net The Ordinances Temple Mormon Posting

But since we aren't "allowed" to discuss them anymore, people don't ever learn much about them. Oh, yes, you can ask the Temple President your questions, but since you never have input from other people to spur you into different areas of consideration, it doesn't do all that much good.

I've never heard that we cannot discuss them inside the Temple. Do you mean that you can only ask the Temple President? As far as I know, we're only asked not to talk about it outside.

5th Nov, 2006 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net Studies Doctrine Mormon

Where do you discuss it, inside the Temple? The Celestial Room? Nope. Can't talk there, other than very short, very quiet conversation. The Chapel? No. The Foyer? The dressing rooms?

The fact is, there is no place at all where an individual can sit down with their friend and really discuss the ordinances, concepts, symbols, history, or doctrine of the Temple. The only reason that I know what I do about these ordinances is that I have found some places that DO discuss these things. The discussions are extremely reverent, and avoid going into great detail, but they DO discuss the relevant doctrines and concepts.

When I sat down with my Stake President, and asked him some pertinent questions about something we are taught there, he was shocked - as I was only the 2nd person he had ever known who understood a particular point about prayer. Actually, he told me that I was completely right, which I knew as my understanding came from the words of the Prophets, back when people actually DID discuss the Temple - in their homes, in their church meetings, and in General Conference.

I really am not trying to be difficult here (well, anymore than normal). But I am very disturbed by the fact that we are told NOT to discuss these things, under the guise of "keeping them sacred", when former Prophets did NOT equate sacred with secret.

So, tell me, where CAN we learn about the doctrines, symbols, and true importance of the the Endowment? Nobody can teach it within the Temple, and nobody will discuss it outside the Temple. Or, do we just reserve the significance of the Temple to post-mortality, and hope that someone THERE will explain it?

6th Nov, 2006 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Net The Ordinances Temple Mormon Posting

QUOTE (Joheri)
I've never heard that we cannot discuss them inside the Temple.

Sure we can, one can in fact go with someone they feel might enlighten them and when you reach the Celestial room go to a more private part of the room and at whisper level - discuss it!

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
I really am not trying to be difficult here (well, anymore than normal).

That one is funny, especially the part in parenthesis.

So, tell me, where CAN we learn about the doctrines, symbols, and true importance of the the Endowment?

Well, it certainly should not be learned via the net, and more especially a public one at that. Maybe this guy is venting the same frustrations you are Nighthawk, but I believe the interpretations are both secret and sacred. The ordinance itself merely sacred, but the interpretation secret to every individual that grasps what is being taught.

6th Nov, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Net The Ordinances Temple Mormon Posting

I believe the interpretations are both secret and sacred. The ordinance itself merely sacred, but the interpretation secret to every individual that grasps what is being taught.

When did this happen? Why was it good for people in the 1800s to discuss these things in their homes and in their church meetings, but now it isn't?

Have you ever tried to have an in-depth discussion, one that might last for over 10 minutes, in a whisper? What about when the temple workers ask you to not talk within the Celestial Room (which I have had).

6th Nov, 2006 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
When did this happen?

Revelation on interpretations (which can also be a gift) received about something so sacred is often meant for one's heart only. By keeping it to yourself you show that you can be trusted to receive more from the Source.

...but now it isn't?

Well, I do not know what was Discussed then... one can go deep into explaining something without necessarily sharing what is being taught or in other words... Christ spoke many things, but as He said, only certain people were understand the interpretation.

The other reason I believe, and this is opinion, is the ability to control your audience. Now, Satan walks through our meetings as he pleases and influences the hearts and minds of those there. I feel with sufficient vigor there would be mobs trying to kick out the Church from various quatres of the globe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Nov, 2006 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances The Net - Page 2

Sure we can, one can in fact go with someone they feel might enlighten them and when you reach the Celestial room go to a more private part of the room and at whisper level - discuss it!

I am not quiet sure about this. A couple of times when I was in the Celestial room (in one occasion with you, I do not know if you recall) one of the workers politely and with a smile on her face said (while seeing us whispering) to please not to talk because other people are trying to pray.

The time in the Celestial room is very limited and they do not allow you to stay there for a long time.

6th Nov, 2006 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances The Net Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I really do not recall this LDS_forever, maybe we were not talking about something so significant that it would remain with me. Maybe it has to do with how each temple is run, but I do remember being in the Celestial room and discussing the Endowment. I also remember both my Mission President and a senior Couple Elder who led us to the Temple both saying that it would be nice to go to the Celestial Room and discuss the Endowment. Maybe there even new policies for that too. So, yes, one has to wonder where you can Discuss it?

In keeping on Topic - definitely not on the net! wink.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Posting Mormon Temple Ordinances On The Net

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,