Importance of Knowing the Doctrine

Importance Knowing Doctrine - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Nov, 2006 - 2:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Dec, 2002 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

The scripture below points out so well the importance of being open to the Spirit and ready with Doctrine to dispell misunderstandings and gossip concerning the things of God:

Helaman 11:23
And in the seventy and ninth year there began to be much strife. But it came to pass that Nephi and Lehi, and many of their brethren who knew concerning the true points of doctrine, having many revelations daily, therefore they did preach unto the people, insomuch that they did put an end o their strife in that same year.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2003 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Knowing Importance

I think that  to learn, study and apply the doctrine of the Church is very very important. If we miss one of these points, then we cannot really get experience and knowledge from it. You know, you cannot learn a lot of doctrine if you don't apply it to your life. When you apply it then it means you have learnt from it. People tend to read all this books of deep doctrine when they even didn't finishing the New Testament. Information is power yes but in this case, the application of this information is what makes us true Christians.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2003 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Importance of Knowing the Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

It doesn't seem that long ago I had an interview with my mission president and this topic came up.. During the interview I asked him what were some good books to read to help me understand the "deeper" docrtines of the church. He told me. "There are many teachings (Doctrines) that are not found in books."  

What he said is somthing that I didn't really understand at first. The 2nd time around I knew it was related to personal revelation and living the basic principles of the gospel.

Personal revelation is very important. It is undeniable.  

9th Jan, 2003 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Exactly, personal revelation is probably the most powerful tool a LDS member has to find out what God requires of us. Sometimes when we are not in tune with the Spirit, the small voice whispers and we don't hear it and we follow our own way of thinking and doing things and after we wonder why Heavenly Father has not helped us in a specific situation. If we just knew that He always does when we do the right thing!.
Members always want to know about deep doctrine but they have not touch the Book of Mormon or the Bible in ages!
To know the doctrine is escencial in our religion, it allows us to share our believes with the people who are not members of the Church and with those who maybe do not have a strong testimony about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2003 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Knowing Doctrine is very important, but what is most important is understanding Doctrine.  There is a difference.  You can know something without understanding it.  You can't teach what you don't know.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2005 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

"Our Heavenly Father has reached out to us through the Atonement of our Savior. He invites all to 'come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption' (Omni 1:26). He has taught us that it is through our faithful adherence to gospel principles, through receiving the saving ordinances that have been restored, through continual service, and by enduring to the end that we can return to His sacred presence. What possible thing in the whole world is
remotely as important as to know this?"

-- "The Atonement and the Value of One Soul," Ensign, May 2004, 87

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2005 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Importance Knowing Doctrine

I remember when I went in active a few years ago because of something a member said. When I finally came back I knew that if I wanted to stay active I needed to learn the doctrine of this church. So for the last five years I spent every moment I could learning of the Doctrine, now there is very little on the doctrine of this church that I don't understand. But someone always pulls a "rabbit" out of the hat and I need to learn of the doctrine that they teach is true or not so I study all the books that I have until I find the answer to my question.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2006 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Importance Knowing Doctrine Mormon Doctrine Studies

"The Prophet Joseph Smith said that the 'Melchizedek Priesthood... is the channel through which all knowledge, doctrine, the plan of salvation and every important matter is revealed from heaven'

(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 166-67).

President Joseph F. Smith stated: 'One who can truly affirm that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and Jesus is the Savior, has in his possession a prize beyond computation. When we know this we know God, and we have a key to all knowledge' (in Brian H. Stuy, comp., Collected Discourses Delivered by President Wilford Woodruff, His Two Counselors, the Twelve Apostles, and Others, 5 vols. [1987-92], 2:355-56)."

President James E. Faust, "The Key of the Knowledge of God," Ensign, November 2004, 52

> TOPIC: Importance of Knowing the Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,