Mormon Doctrine: Are Males & Females Truly Equal?

Mormon Doctrine Males Females Equal - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Jul, 2012 - 11:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Nov, 2006 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Are Males & Females Truly Equal?

When you look at what men are given to do spiritually: Priesthood, leadership, etc., one has to wonder are Are Males & Females Truly Equal? We may say that the females do have rights to the Priesthood, and are joint heirs, but somehow in the scriptures and to this day it has always been the man that has the dominant role. Can anyone tell me it is not so? This leads me to my main question... Is the same 'way' or 'order' in the heavens where men seem to play a more front role? From what I see now it seems like yes since we do not read about female spirits coming down from heaven... What is your view?

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2006 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Equal Females and Males Doctrine Mormon

When you look at what men are given to do spiritually: Priesthood, leadership, etc., one has to wonder are Are Males & Females Truly Equal? We may say that the females do have rights to the Priesthood, and are joint heirs, but somehow in the scriptures and to this day it has always been the man that has the dominant role.

I am not totally sure about this. I do not think men and women can be compared on equality when both have such unique and different roles. The men have the Priesthood and the women have Motherhood which we know by Church leaders is the most important calling someone can ever have. The roles are just so different that cannot be compared in my opinion.

7th Nov, 2006 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine: Are Males & Females Truly Equal? Studies Doctrine Mormon

That can be argued that the males have Fatherhood, a role which you left out. You may argue that it is the role of mothers to nurture, but consider the following:

1. Pres. Hinckley recently told the Brethren to not allow their wives to be more educated than them (in so many words).

2. Sisters are now being told it is okay to go work and study or in other words it is not all Motherhood and do nothing else just as it is not all about Fatherhood and nothing else.

8th Nov, 2006 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

I do know of female spirits coming down and teaching people, both men and women.

However, I tend to agree with you, as all of the information we currently have indicates that males continue to have the leading roles throughout the eternities.

One thing that some Fundamentalists think (and I have NO opinion on) is that a woman fills the role of Holy Ghost. The Bible actually talks about Sophia, the Goddess of Wisdom, which could come either from the stories of Eve, or from the idea that the Holy Ghost is female.

I do think that women fulfill more of a supporting role in Eternity, while men fill a leadership role. I'm not sure how I feel about that, as it seems a bit wrong, but that might be cultural prejudice talking.

8th Nov, 2006 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

1. Pres. Hinckley recently told the Brethren to not allow their wives to be more educated than them (in so many words)

I don't agree with this. He asked them(Young Men) if they would like their wives to be more educated than them. He was pressuring on their "macho" ego to get them to educate themselves, after all, the Church does not want a future generation where the wife becomes the bread winner.

2. Sisters are now being told it is okay to go work and study or in other words it is not all Motherhood and do nothing else just as it is not all about Fatherhood and nothing else.

I disagree on this interpretation too. The women are told now to get as much education as possible in case the husband is somehow unable to provide because of illness or unemployment. They are also encourage to study to bless their children's life and because the rate of divorce in the Church is alarming, we are having a lot of divorced sisters who are not educated enough to provide for their kids.

The roles have never changed, circumstances yes.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Name: Nick

Comments: LDS Forever, I have a sneaking feeling that women are going to be in for a surprise when the Lord calls for His Kingdom Project to begin.

Women have played the silent support Role next to men and it all began in the Garden of Eden when Adam was called to serve as the mouth piece for Eve because of her transgression.

Faithful Adam was to give direction to the overpowering Heart of Eve naturally seeking the the desire for children.

My Mom has always been the Greater Spiritual influence I sought in my life because she naturally possessed that depth of understanding lacking in most men including my step Dad who was an awesome Dad & Husband.

He was our Strength of understanding but she was our Depth of understanding. He gave shape & direction to our lives while she gave that shape it's meaning.

And I think these traits are typical of men and women in general.

My feeling as to which means the most to me, came when my Mother died and I cried with uncontrollable emotion while maintaining a reverent peaceful cry when my Dad died.

I held them both of equal importance in my life but my Mom makes me melt.

We are coming full circle in this great plan of salvation. And we are the generation to bring things to a higher level of understanding the FULL nature of Heaven and what it hides from us.

My money goes with women being the ultimate Height of Heaven with men being the ultimate fortunate recipients of what they have to offer.

This is why our Mother in Heaven is being kept under such a clould of obscurity. It's not just for the sake of placing her off limits to indiscriminate poor behavior of her children that we men must contend with.

It is something Far, Far Greater than that. It's the Real Treasure of Heaven! Both in the miracle of being the one to bestow life to the eternities and more importantly as bestowing life to Men as well.

Every real man would admit that the manly things that attract us cause us to Be Alive, while a woman causes us to Feel Alive.

Life is worthless without the Feeling of being alive.

I have a feeling that in the days preceding the second coming and while establishing Zion, you are going to witness a very different aspect to the presence of women in Zion.

It is obvious there are countless women in the world today just waiting for us slow to mature men, to wake up to the realities of Relationships between Husband & Wife being the GREATEST thing this life has to offer and then sugar coat that relationship with children.

Women have been caroled in a corner of frustration over men's lack of recognizing this truth. And have assigned women the primary task of overseeing the children and avoiding our own most important role as eternally romantic husbands.

It's not the wives who have become worn out mates who act like maids and care takers of children. It's us men who have made them that way because of our own hesitation in perusing truly romantic eternal relationships with our wives.

I suppose a few wives are guilty of husband abandonment for the sake of her children. Also due to fear of failure at true romanticism.

But I have a gut feeling that this skewed way of not placing our priorities on the most important aspect of our lives is soon to change.

After all, marriage does come before children and there's an important reality behind that fact. Children are awesome. But having them is for the purpose of bringing them into adult hood and coming to understand the nature of the Highest Degree of Heaven...Celestial perfect Marriage. Children are to decorate the beautiful tree of marriage ( The Tree of Life ) and are never meant to replace or over power it.

Childhood is a blip on the map of eternity...Marriage is Forever. For our children as well. There are a fortunate few who realize these Blessings now but far more need to experience these things that have either been forgotten or need to be discovered for the first time.

True Celestial Marriage is not being realized by to many members who have entered that covenant. True Romantic Celestial Bliss needs to become the most recognized and realized need that the inhabitants of Zion will need and acquire.

It's not liberation as the world perceives it that is coming, it's an unveiling of the truth. And from a man's perspective we are truly the most Blessed to experience the Beauty of Womanhood and Mother Hood at it's intended finest....And in that order.

Men give shape to objects...Women cause them to come alive & move. Which do I consider the Greater? That seems to be self evident to me. What is a motionless, lifeless object worth?

And THAT is the Grand Secret to the Highest & Greatest Mystery in Heaven...Women. God has saved the BEST for last!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2012 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine Males & Females Equal

I believe each gender has a particular call on this earth but we are equal. For example women can bring spirits into the world, something men just can't do.

> TOPIC: Mormon Doctrine: Are Males & Females Truly Equal?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,