If I Did It - Page 3 of 4

Mr Goldman is so consumed with hatred for - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Would you buy this Book by OJ Simpson?
  Yes, I like OJ Simpson       0.00%
  Yes, I would buy it out of curiosity       0.00%
  No, I would not even touch it       100.00%
  No, I would read it from a library only       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Under a barrage of criticism, Judith Regan says she published O.J. Simpsons book "If I Did It"
24th Aug, 2007 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It - Page 3

Yes I remember reading about that LDS. But for me, I still think it is disgusting that the family of the murdered victim is choosing to involve themselves in the publication of this book. Why not do everything humanly possible to ban the book? Is it so important for them to dredge up all the painful memories of how the victims died? Whatever happened to sensitivity and showing respect for the dead? This book is an insult to the victims families and I believe that it should never be published. I hope all book stores will follow Barnes and Nobles lead, by refusing to sell the book.

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

It I If

I agree with you 100%. I suppose like you said, money in the end always "speaks".

27th Aug, 2007 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

It seems like the book is selling good despite the fact that Barnes and Nobles decided not to put it for sale. I am glad that despite its popularity (sadly) the company continues stating that they do not plan to put it in their shelves.

NEW YORK -  A week ago, Barnes & Noble, Inc., announced it would not keep copies of the new edition of O.J. Simpson's "If I Did It" in its stores, saying the book was not expected to sell well.

Since then, the book has jumped into the top 50 on the superstore's online site, Barnes & Noble.com, and ranked No. 48 as of Sunday night. Barnes & Noble has not changed its mind.

"We still have no plans to stock it in our stores," spokeswoman Mary Ellen Keating told The Associated Press on Sunday. The book, coming out this fall, can be purchased through Barnes & Noble.com, or by special order at a Barnes & Noble store.

Simpson's book was first scheduled for publication last November by ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins, with an announced printing of 400,000. But "If I Did It" was dropped in response to widespread outrage, including from relatives of murder victims Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

The book is a ghostwritten, hypothetical description of how the killings might have happened.

But last month, a federal bankruptcy judge awarded rights to the book to Goldman's family to help satisfy a $38 million wrongful death judgment against Simpson. "If I Did It," spurned by mainstream publishers, is being reissued by Beaufort Books, a small press based in New York. The Goldmans are calling the book a confession, and extensive commentary will be added to the original manuscript...

27th Aug, 2007 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 It I If

Well I am not too surprise that the response to "If I Did it" appears to be favourable. I am very relieved that Barnes and Nobles are adhering to their word. Good to see that there are some people in this world who have scruples and a conscience. If the Goldman family are so anxious to "make money" from this book to settle an outstanding debt, why don't they just block OJ Simpson's book and write their own book concerning this tragedy? I am positive that the whole world will be eager to read the victims' families' account of how this trial affected them as much as hearing the news of the bloody and senseless murders. Now that is a recipe for an instant best seller. The main reasons why people are interested in OJ Simpson's book "If I Did it," are because of the controversy surrounding the release of the book and not to mention, there are people in this world who enjoy a juicy story even if it hurts and exploits others.

30th Aug, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

It I If

D'accord.

Let the Goldman's write their own book. They may secretely know their book will not sell but OJ, having more star power and recognition, will definately bring them the more they appear to so desperately need.
As usual, if I am wrong, what does their surname stand for? The American way!

31st Aug, 2007 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It

Oh yes, this new development with Barnes and Nobles reminds me of the thread we have about the Love for Money. The LOVE for Money is the root of all evil. People change their minds, standards, ANYTHING just for the mighty dollar.

NEW YORK -  Barnes & Noble Inc. has changed its mind about the new O.J. Simpson book.

After saying it would not stock copies of "If I Did It" in its stores, citing lack of customer demand, the chain told The Associated Press on Thursday that it would indeed carry the book.

Since the initial decision on Aug. 21 against stocking the book, but selling it online, Barnes & Noble spokeswoman Mary Ellen Keating said: "We've been monitoring the pre-orders and customer requests and have concluded that enough customers have expressed interest in buying the book to warrant stocking it in our stores. We do not intend to promote the book but we will stock it in our stores because our customers are asking for it."

For days Simpson's book has been in the top 100 on Barnes & Noble.com and at one point even topped the best-seller list. "If I Did It" has also entered the top 100 on Amazon.com...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It
A Friend

If I It - Page 3

I have no problem with the sale of this book, if the proceeds do not benefit OJ.

Rather off topic, but...
Reminds me of the decision in Marriott.

31st Aug, 2007 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

If I It Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

Mr Goldman is so consumed with hatred for OJ that he would sell the book so that it will show the world what a jerk that OJ was for writing it and it will continue to supply him with the money to make sure that any extra dime that OJ sees will be made as part of the settlement. As the ultimate publicity stunt to humiliate OJ, if I were Mr Goldman, I would take some of the money from the book and ask OJ how much he needs per month to find the "Real Killers" as he promissed to do after he was set free. Oh wait, he probably did that the morning after while shaving...nevermind...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Rather off topic, but...
You know...it is a good thing that OJ is not a member of the community or my sarcasm would definitely gotten me in trouble here!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: If I Did It

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,