Da Vinci Code

Da Vinci Code - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd May, 2006 - 2:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 18th May, 2006 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Da Vinci Code

'DA VINCI CODE' MEETS WITH CATCALLS

The long-awaited movie version of Dan Brown's best-seller "The Da Vinci Code" is entering the world to disapproval.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/...inci/index.html

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2006 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Code Vinci Da

I have read the book, and have seen a documentary on this, I am not convinced, and in my opinion, it is the delusional rantings of somebody trying to make vast amounts of money, but hey, that's only my own personal view of things!

As a Christian, I feel that this author is totally and deliberately going against the bible in such a way as to deliberately make people question their faith and God's word (which I personally believe the Bible is)

I don't have a problem with watching the film as a 'fiction' but as the author/writers are portraying this to be 'fact', I won't be giving my hard earned money to Dan Brown!

18th May, 2006 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Da Vinci Code Sports & Fashion Music Movies

My wife is a Catholic and has read the book and is very interested in seeing the movie. She doesn't believe it is true, but at the same time, she finds it interesting that this view of the Catholic church is receiving such criticism. The fact is that Catholicism has always been under scrutiny and ridicule, and this is no different. So, with that being said, I believe I will be seeing this movie in the near future, at which time I will definitely place a review here.

20th May, 2006 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Code Vinci Da

I've read the novel, and this is what I don't understand: Why is everyone protesting this work of *fiction*? It brings up some interesting points, some of which do have basis in historical fact; however, from the beginning it has been a work of fiction. Sure, it's fun to speculate on whether or not these theories and suppositions may be true, and that's the spirit in which I'll see the movie ~ for fun.

It's disappointing to know that the movie has been panned by critics and movie goers to the point of catcalls and hissing. I would have expected better from Ron Howard, who is a genius film maker of our time, and Tom Hanks who is also one of our generations finest actors.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2006 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Code Vinci Da

'DA VINCI CODE' RAKES IN $224 MILLION

All the protests and all the bad reviews could not prevent "The Da Vinci Code"
from recording a $224 million worldwide opening, the second-biggest debut ever at the global box office, its distributor said Sunday.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2006/05/21/news/davin....reut/index.htm

22nd May, 2006 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Da Vinci Code

It's amazing. The reviews from the critics so far is so bad yet it did not make people to stop from going and seeing it! This is such a great marketing tool.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2006 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Da Vinci Code

I think Dan Brown is a genius in so far as he has made up a story about historical figures and marketed it all the way to the bank.

I tried reading the book but it was so poorly written I gave up. I'm sure it is a bit of fun, but why on earth are people taking it seriously? Go to the library and see where the Da Vinci Code sits, I promise you it is not in the "non=fiction" section.

Film critics are there to scrutinise a film for how good it is, not how popular it may be. I think part of the problem with this book/film's popularity is that the Catholic Church is so vocal in opposition which makes the story appear credible.

23rd May, 2006 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Da Vinci Code Movies Music Fashion & Sports

It certainly isn't just the Catholic Church that is vocal in its opposition. All the screams from various Christian sources have just guaranteed that lots of people will go to it and see it.

I haven't seen it yet, but my 17 year old daughter did. She had quite a few questions about it that I was able to discuss with her.

I listened to Michael Medved talking a bit yesterday about the movie. His point is that so many people think that what historical detail is in movies is actually historical fact, that those people will think that the Da Vinci Code actually presents a balanced, clear view about what happened in the early days of the Church.

A couple of areas that many of the religious critics bring up are:
* The movie indicates that Christ didn't die on the cross
* The movie claims that Jesus was actually a man, with human desires and appetites
* It claims that Mary Magdalene should be regarded as divine
* It says that Jesus had a physical relationship with Mary Magdalene
* It says that the early Roman Church started the tradition that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, in order to impeach the importance of women and establish the primary authority of men within the Church

Now, there are a couple of points in there where I actually agree with the book. There are a few points where I disagree with the book and movie. But the thing is that those questions themselves are actually offensive to most Christians, because they can only turn to tradition, not scripture or history, to try to answer them.

I fully expect to see the movie, and might even enjoy it. I read the book, and for the most part, enjoyed it. But then that was partly because I knew of some of the historical claims before hand. My daughter enjoyed it, although it was very long.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Da Vinci Code

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,