Ignoring Disagreements - Page 2 of 2

This is a very interesting thread. I have - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Feb, 2008 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
21st Nov, 2006 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Ignoring Disagreements - Page 2

Thanks for your input Valla.

I don't want to dwell on the example given only, I think we all can see this kind of behavior happening pretty often (based on the experiences shared). Even here in the Community happens. There were and there are posters who have said things that were uncalled for, even nasty things to other members yet they returned to the forum like nothing ever happened pretending like it never existed or that people here forgot about it miraculously. They never approached directly the person/s involved, they just pretend somehow that everything is fine. Then we had/have posters who go to posting strikes when disagreements occur, instead of "talking" about it, they take a very passive-aggressive approach.

I think that if issues remain unsolved or not "aired out" creates a funny feeling between the parties. I don't believe for a second that someone can insult you and you can give them a sincere smile the next day without having discussed what happened.

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2008 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Disagreements Ignoring

This is a very interesting thread. I have to agree with some of the posts here, indicating that arguments should always be resolved and there should be room for apologies and forgiveness. However, I have seen some relationships whereby women would ignore or rather pretend that, an insult during a conversation does not bother them and continue to maintain a friendship with someone who has offended or hurt them. In another light, there is a possibility that the woman who threw the insult at her friend, had a lot of hatred and unfinished business with that particular friend and her agenda was "payback." The other woman probably has the hide of an elephant and really did not care enough, to confront the other woman about her insult. But LDS mentioned something very interesting that, the two women do not even like each other and yet they speak to each other on a regular basis, like bosom buddies. I have often seen some women who cannot stand each other and yet, they meet regularly to exchange juicy pieces of gossip. Perhaps this is may provide an explanation for these two women. You will be amazed how gossip may bring enemies together. I have seen women competing with each other, about who has the best or most exciting gossip. Very peculiar, if you ask me.

Sometimes, a friendship depends on the maturity of both parties or at least one person, in the relationship. If the mature individual recognizes that her friend has insecurity issues, then she will be sensible enough to ignore some negative comments from her friend. She may not take it personally or may dismiss the remark as immaturity or jealousy.

My standpoint is, women have very long memories and like elephants, they never forget. You will be amazed at the time span of some events or conversations that women are able to recollect, word for word. In some relationships, some women tend to feel very hurt, if their friend insults them. But sometimes, they prefer to disregard the insult because they do not want to risk losing their friend over one negative comment. Or it depends on the personality. There are some individuals who will shy away from confrontation because they cannot cope with the stress it brings to their life. Whereas others, may prefer to wait for a perfect opportunity, to raise the issue with their friend. Or some people may prefer to dwell on all the good times and the moments when their friend stood by them, at the lowest point of their lives. And if you think about it, all these positives can outweigh one negative! Just my opinion!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ignoring Disagreements

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,