Pregnancy Discrimination

Pregnancy Discrimination - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th May, 2009 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

In the workplace
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pregnancy Discrimination

Pregnancy Discrimination Still Occurs in the Workplace, Women Pressured

Denver, CO (LifeNews.com) -- Pregnancy discrimination still occurs in the workplace and abortion makes it more difficult for women as some employers view abortion as a quick solution to the so-called "problem" of a pregnant employee. Andrea Wolff-Yakubovich, a former finance director for a John Elway AutoNation dealer, knows first-hand what it's like. She was fired three weeks after she got pregnant. "Why would Andye want to be in the car business?" her boss allegedly asked her husband, according to the Denver Post newspaper, who also worked at the dealership. "She should just be at home barefoot and pregnant." Now Wolff-Yakubovich is in U.S. District Court in Denver, suing for discrimination and alleging the above comments as part of her claim. The auto dealer denies her claims. But her Denver attorney Darold Killmer tells the newspaper an epidemic is happening. "I've seen more (pregnancy discrimination) clients ... in the last couple of years than I've seen in the past 10," he said. "Myths and stereotypes still rule the day," he said. "The idea that a pregnant woman will only focus on the baby instead of her work is still a prevalent attitude among employers these days."
Ref. Lifenews.com

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th May, 2009 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Discrimination
A Friend

Discrimination Pregnancy

I can see this happening. I do not think it is right but in many cases it still happens. I worked with a few ladies for a time and two of them kept telling everyone that they would work till they got pregnant then quit to stay home after that. So I can see why some businesses do seem to discriminate.

> TOPIC: Pregnancy Discrimination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,