The First Human Ritual

The Human Ritual - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 10th Jun, 2008 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2006 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The First Human Ritual

The First Human Ritual

A startling discovery of 70,000-year-old artifacts and a python's head carved of stone appears to represent the first known human rituals. Scientists had thought human intelligence had not evolved the capacity to perform group rituals until perhaps 40,000 years ago.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200611...irsthumanritual

Sponsored Links:
23rd Mar, 2008 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Ritual Human The

How do scientists come up with these dates? We only have about 4,000 years covered well and yet they can throw out decades in an instant.

2nd Jun, 2008 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

The First Human Ritual Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I remember reading this story when it was released. I was intrigued by the idea that the "oldest" human ritual discovered so far was one of snake worship.

I'd like to hear some other opinions on what this implies, given what snakes and serpents have come to represent in modern (if you consider the last 5,000 years modern) religion.

2nd Jun, 2008 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Ritual Human The

Considering humans tenancy to look for an answer as to why we are here and who created us this is not a shock. I am sure however that the serpent was not the only thing worshiped at that time. We just have discovered so little and this is just one of the firsts.

2nd Jun, 2008 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Ritual Human The

It was really late when I read this last night and I confused the word "ritual" with "sacrifce"--and didn't quite understand what it was saying. SO I have a couple of basic questions....sorry if they seem way simplistic but I am curious.

So in this story (the link was no longer available) they are saying they found the first human ritual and it involved them worshipping a snake? or a carved stone of one?

I was thinking originally that they found bones with the stone, but when looking back I realized it said artifacts. Did the article mention what those were?

2nd Jun, 2008 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

The First Human Ritual

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15970442/

Here is an updated link to the story I will answer your questions I think.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

The Human Ritual

Thanks Krakyn! It definitely shed some light on the subject.

That is so interesting--I love stuff like this. I have to wonder like Darkscribe, how the scientists can throw out thousand of years for dates like that, but the evidence is still exciting.

As Krakyn mentioned,

We just have discovered so little and this is just one of the firsts.

Being so new, I am so interested in future findings. I think it is interesting that they burned only the red spearheads.

Thanks again for the updated link.

10th Jun, 2008 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

The Human Ritual Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

Scientists like to give tens of thousands of years to anything because it makes it look more important a find that if it were just a few thousand years. Maybe they want a prize for discovery with some notoriety.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The First Human Ritual

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,