Bible & Interracial Marriages - Page 2 of 3

SFKid that is the glorious point of the gospel. - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 10:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Bible Tribes Marriages
21st Aug, 2007 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages - Page 2

Well I never said it was good or bad, just that he did. As for the scriptures going against interracial marriage I would like to know which ones they are for my own study because I am ignorant to the subject. I wish I could say I am more up to date with the Old Testament but alas I am not. I am much more into the New testament but I feel I need to balance out so I am always looking for new studies in the Old Testament.

Sponsored Links:
21st Aug, 2007 - 8:57am / Post ID: #

Marriages Interracial and Bible

From "Use Bible Search" in this thread.
2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

It is interesting to me that within Solomon's 700 wives were probably every race, creed, and color, but the wives are only important in this story because they turned his heart to other Gods?

25th Aug, 2007 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages Revealed Bible The

It was quoted that

Solomon's 700 wives were probably every race, creed, and color, but the wives are only important in this story because they turned his heart to other Gods?
in that regardless of the misery generated with so many wives, trusting in the Lord is a peaceful journey!
Imagine a man with so many wives with their various levels of beauty and that in itself cannot soothe a man's heart!

There are so many interpretations that it boggles the mind!

25th Aug, 2007 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Marriages Interracial and Bible

Mousetrails
It is interesting to me that within Solomon's 700 wives were probably every race, creed, and color, but the wives are only important in this story because they turned his heart to other Gods?

I did something in that post that I try never to do. I guessed. I was right, but I guessed. The real thing is much better.
Bible Search
<< 1 Kings 11 >> 
1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;

With KIng Solomon women had to be an obsession.
American College Dictionary
ob-ses-sion  The besetting or dominating action or influence of a persistent feeling, idea, or the like, which the person cannot escape.

I have daydreamed in my younger days about having all the riches of the world, having a collection of women like King Solomon, and various other foolish things, but I found from hard experience that being obsessed with one, much less two, females will soon lead to trouble. rolleyes.gif
Yeniseri
There are so many interpretations that it boggles the mind!

Is there any specific thing you are having trouble with? The Old Testament is my favorite subject.

14th May, 2008 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Marriages Interracial and Bible

In the Old Testament there seemed to be some segregation among the people by not only race but tribe and possibly household. When Christ came he showed all were acceptable before him. There were only Christians, no tribes.

28th May, 2008 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages

I must read things differently as I took the passages not to be based on race at all but on religious beliefs. In the old testament and new teach this to us. Sorry but I do not recall any passages where Jesus sadi its ok to marry out side your faith.

All the quotes given in previous posts by moustrails tell us why we should not do this. Whether the person is Asian or Caribbean or Scottish matter not the command made was merry Jewish in the old testament and in the new marry Christian.

This is so that our hearts are not lead astray by seeds planted in you mind by your spouse. Lets face it to live with one that does not believe in God and you do is going to end up one of three ways. One you fall from Christianity or you full fill you lords call and bring them to Christianity or three you divorce. Just so you know this is one of the few times god will allow divorce. But the catch here is the one who was Christian is not to remarry. The heathen gets to go do what they desire. Punishment for disobedience perhaps.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2008 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages
A Friend

Bible & Interracial Marriages - Page 2

I know the bible was used in the past to try to prevent interracial marriage and justify slavery, so it can be read to encourage or deter a lot of things - depends on the one doing the interpreting.

I am in an interracial marriage and as noted above, it is important that the partners are on the same wavelength from the start - more important than race or income.

Naturally, part of being on the same wavelength will BE having similar beliefs, philosophies, attitudes about money, agreeing about having children, etc. A white couple raised in the same church could be totally mis-matched while an African American woman could find she is well matched with/ white man from Europe. True, the couple in the same church might force themselves to make it work and stay together because of pressure of the group, family, religious belief, etc., but may not be really happy. I'm sure we all know people like that.

Marriage has its challenges. Make sure you really know the other person before you commit to marriage. Don't make it any harder than it has to be. In fact, it can be downright "easy" w/ the right person. I've been lucky that way.

23rd Jun, 2008 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages The Bible Revealed - Page 2

SFKid that is the glorious point of the gospel. Jesus wants us to knw that it is our hearts that matter and not what we look like or where we are from.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bible & Interracial Marriages

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,